Tips to Keep Your Busy Weeks on Track

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

We all understand that there are some weeks that are more hectic in school than others. Through these weeks we tend to forget more than we do during slow weeks. Whether it is a reading for one class, or a paper for another, it is never fun to show up to a class feeling unprepared. In order to try and help keep you feeling prepared here are a couple ideas you can use to stay organized during these busy weeks!

1. Using a planner or a planner app

Use only one planner, and use it to keep track of not only your classes and assignments but to track your social plans too. Be sure to keep your planner with you throughout the day, this way you can make a list of everything that comes up. Being able to work through your list can help you feel focused and optimistic about the week ahead!

2. Plan for your week

At the beginning of each week, try to sit and plan your activities and classes for the rest of the week. This way you have an idea of what your week is going to look like and you’ll know when you need to have things done.

3. Look ahead

Use your planner to look ahead at assignments in the future. This way, if you have time, you can start them early, or can be aware that they are coming up and begin preparing yourself for them. This will help to avoid procrastination and make the assignment easier by spacing it out across multiple days.

4. Save your syllabi

Most professors will follow their syllabus to the day. Use the calendars given to you on the syllabi to plan out the course. Doing this will give you a view of what your weeks ahead will look like, and help you stay on top of homework and assignments.

5. Stock your backpack

If you think you will even have a little bit of time in between classes to work on that big assignment that is due, make sure you have what you need with you. Be prepared for your day and try and plan what parts of your day could be used to work on future assignments.

There are many other ideas and ways to stay organized throughout a busy week, and some ways work better than others for different people. Go out and try a few of these methods to see what works the best for you! Happy organizing!