10 Things to Do Instead of Studying for Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

It is that time of the year… Yes, Finals week. There is always so much to get done, whether that is filling out a study guide, catching up on a semesters worth of reading, or just straight up procrastinating. Here are 10 things you can do instead of studying and getting work done for finals.

1. Hammock by Lake Arthur or by Aluminum Jesus! Maybe take a nap while you’re out there.

2. Tan and read a book on Foley Lawn. Forecast calls for sunny skies, so why not?

3. Journal about your week. A great way to debrief and just clear your head in preparation for your studying you will do.

4. Make a Summer Bucket List. Because with all that free time you will have when you get home, you’ll need a list to 

5. Start packing up your dorm room! During finals, it will be a good break to clean and organize your room. Here is a link to check out for all the items you may need next year! 

6. Call a friend from back home. Why not catch up with a few friends?

7. Watch a documentary or movie on Netflix. You can relax and chill out in bed for 2 hours!

8. Make yourself a meal from scratch. Be a chef and impress yourself.

9. Stop by Target. Target has everything. Food, fun decorations… shampoo. So, take a drive to the promised land.

10. Check out any concerts playing locally. There are a few venues around downtown Spokane, so check out an artist you’ve never heard of or maybe your favorite band is playing!