This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you’re always looking for ways to improve your productivity. What I’ve learned from personal experience is that the way your morning flows is an important part in having a productive day. Through a little bit of research and pulling from my own experience, I’ve put together a list of my top three tips for setting yourself up for a successful day.

Wake Up Early

This tip is the one that you’re probably going to hate, but waking up early is a great way to ensure that you have a productive day. If you start your day earlier, you are giving yourself more time to get prepared for the day. When I started waking up earlier, I noticed a drastic difference in the way my days went. I was more motivated, I got a lot more work done, and oddly enough, I had more energy. I know that waking up early isn’t ideal for most people, but, the more you do it, the easier it will be to make it a long-term habit.

Stretch

This might seem a little silly, but rather than sitting in your bed, and scrolling through social media when you first wake up, try hopping out of bed and doing a few simple stretches. It doesn’t have to be anything major, but doing this is a great way to wake up your body, get your blood flowing, and get you started for the day.

Eat Breakfast

“Breakfast is the most important meal of the day” is probably one of the most cliche statements ever, but people use it so often because it’s true. Eating breakfast is like putting gas in your car; it’s essential. By eating breakfast you’re giving your body the energy it needs to get stuff done! I know that a lot of people choose to skip breakfast because they feel like they don’t have enough time, but your morning meal doesn’t have to be a time consuming step in your routine. If you eat something as simple as a bowl of yogurt with some fruit, you’re doing your body some good.

There you have it folks! Those are my tips on setting yourself up for a great day. If you make these minor adjustments and start incorporating these into your morning routine, you will most definitely see a difference, not only in your mornings, but in your day as a whole. Good luck!

Nailah Mitnaul

Georgia Southern

Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.