Georgia Southern Theatre and Performance Presents “She Kills Monsters”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

The Georgia Southern University Theatre and Performance Production of “She Kills Monsters” play premiers November 9th–November 17th in the Black Box.

The story was written by Qui Nguyen and includes elements of fantasy, special effects, and a variety of genres that will keep the audience engaged in the play. The story is about loss and how two sisters, Agnes and Tilly find their way back to each other and gain a stronger bond after Tilly passes away in a car crash. After her passing Agnes reads Tilly’s journal and loses herself in Tilly’s fantasy gaming world and reconnects with her sister.

“He writes dramatically compelling plays that are truly entertaining so I think the audience will be highly entertained,” director Nick Newell said.

The cast has been preparing for the play since mid-August which included not only acting, but also attending a two week boot camp where cast members had to train to be physically fit for fighting scenes with props and also learn fighting chorography with Professional Fight Chorographers from Atlanta.

“There are so many kinds of fights in this show hand to hand, sword fighting, dance offs and that’s what gives the show its layers and variety,” Actress who plays Agnes Kelsey Poole said.

Tickets for students are $6 and $12 for faculty staff and those in the community. 

Danyelle Gaines

Georgia Southern