This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Fall in the South is an odd ambiguity between summer and winter. Our mornings are crisp and chilly while the afternoons are warm enough to guarantee an outfit change. Yet, fall remains the most popular season for a lot of people! Here are 5 reasons we love fall: 1. Sweater Weather

Nothing is better than the coziness of your favorite sweater! The way people love sleeping in super cold weather but being bundled up in tons of blankets is the same reason why people love wearing sweaters.

2. Weather that isn’t “Hot”

After a long season of sweating, nothing is more comforting than walking to the bus stop and not sweating! For the name “Fall Semester”, it seems like we experience a “summer semester” more than we do “fall”.

3. Pumpkin Spice

Admit it, even if you don’t like pumpkin spice, there’s something oddly comforting about the amount of cinnamon and spice that comes around pumpkin spice season. Baked goods galore, you’ve at least got to want a gingerbread cookie!

4. Daylight Savings

I’d love to debate that the most important thing about Fall is how we gain an extra hour (of sleep). Sure, it gets darker sooner, but that only means more time to cozy up in your room with all the autumnal candles and binge watch Stranger Things 2.

5. Holidays

With Fall comes the start of the holiday season! Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, whatever you do or don’t celebrate, there’s even more reason to spend time with family and friends and eat comfort food.

LaVonna Wright

Georgia Southern

LaVonna is a Junior at Georgia Southern University. She is currently pursuing a major in English Literature with a minor in Religious Studies. LaVonna worked as a writer for the 2017-2018 school year, and is now the editor for the 2018-2019 school year. She loves all of the softer things in life and aspires to use her passion for written word to help others become the best version of themselves. Check out her personal blog: lavonnawrites.com or follow her on Instagram @_lwright "Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God’s handwriting." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.