Why We Love: Fuel Pilates

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

There is something rather mundane about running on the treadmill or working out on the elliptical.  At least, that has been my excuse for not heading up the hill to Yates.  So this past fall semester when I was hoping to finally get in shape, I started looking for alternative work out options.  This is how I stumbled across Fuel Pilates.  Now if you already have experience in Pilates you might want to consider private lessons or reformer lessons.  For everyone else, Mat Pilates and Xtend Barre is plenty of a work out.  For students, a walk in class costs $18, but you can also get a student pass of 10 classes for $140 which can be used for either Mat Pilates or Xtend Barre.

The Pilates class is amazing.  All of the instructors are cheerful and encouraging, and they both push you to work out harder but also adapt to any injuries or difficulties you have.  Xtend Barre is something I had never heard of before I attended Fuel Pilates, but after my first class I was hooked.  It’s a Pilates/dance fusion work out which sculpts your muscles and gives your body a lean and toned look.  The head instructor, Kelly Griffith, really makes an effort to get to know you and what she can do as an instructor to better your work out.  She also works hard to make every class different, so the work outs are never dull or repetitive.  The studio is right near the corner of O Street and Wisconsin Ave.

To check out more about Fuel Pilates go to: www.fuelpilates.com
Catherine Murphy is a junior at Georgetown University.  She is majoring in Marketing in Georgetown's McDonough School of Business.  She is also planning on completing minors in English and Sociology.