DIY: BRING OUT YOUR INNER MARTHA STEWART

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

The other day I was on one of my favorite sites, Cupcakes and Cashmere, and read a post about stationery, or more importantly ways to take something as simple as a piece of paper and make it beautiful. For a college girl, spending less to make something look like more is a special skill that can be cultivated over time. Or with a few quick trips! I headed down to Paper Source today and picked up four things: glitter from Martha Stewart (you can get a pack of 24 for 20 dollars on Amazon), a glue pen, a stamp and stamp ink. I picked up a calendar that was on sale for 50% off and filled in the upcoming month of April. Even though the year is winding down, it’s important to stay organized (and it doesn’t hurt that it looks pretty too!)

[pagebreak]

Some other things I thought of while buying some of these products were other ways to use it. I love Cupcakes and Cashmere’s take on the birthday card, so I’m definitely trying that out in the future! I even wrote in my best friend’s birthday on my calendar and added some glitter for fun.  
http://cupcakesandcashmere.com/stationery-specifics/

[pagebreak]
Another fun way to use the glitter is for manicures! Put some clear polish in a water bottle cap, add glitter and paint your nails in any style you’d like!
http://cupcakesandcashmere.com/sparkled-apricot-nails/

[pagebreak]

I also picked up a few more stamps and decided to make my own version of a wish list/bucket list. Some of the stamps were beach-related, one was even an Eiffel tower, and I plan on using some of my new tools to write out a list of things I want to accomplish/do, and hang it in my room. Scrapbooking and collaging were two things I love to do, but I didn’t do either of these here at Georgetown, because they can be time consuming! Easter Break is going to give me a chance to start a new scrapbook – college edition -which I definitely will share with you all while making it! 

Picture inspiration from itwonstealyoursubstance.tumblr.com

Catherine Murphy is a junior at Georgetown University.  She is majoring in Marketing in Georgetown's McDonough School of Business.  She is also planning on completing minors in English and Sociology.