Wellness > Sex + Relationships

10 Memes to Send to Your Girlfriend That You Really Miss Over Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Geneseo chapter.

While we all look forward to a break in the midst of a busy semester, separating from your s/o can be hard.  When my girlfriend and I part ways for break, our preferred method of communication becomes overly gushy girlfriend memes!  

Recently, wholesome memes have hit the internet full-force.  Girlfriend memes are a sub-genre and are by far my favorite. There’s even entire blogs dedicated to them.  So I’ve decided to compile a list of my ten favorite and most recent gf memes for your viewing and re-using pleasure! (My second motive is so that when I post this and my girlfriend inevitably doesn’t see it for a few days I can tease her in jest for not paying attention to me.)

1.

This is one of the newest memes and definitely a new favorite.  I think this particular version fully captures the true emotion of having a wonderful gf.  Because sometimes you just want everyone to know.

2.

I think everyone with a s/o that lives in a dorm has had this emotion.  Sometimes you just have an entire conversation with your whole suite while holding your gf close and that’s normal.

3.

Another recent meme!  I actually made this one myself while procrastinating homework.  And honestly, getting distracted from doing work because you’re thinking about your s/o is gay culture.

4.

Being a broke college student and wanting to buy your girlfriend the whole world are not concepts that mesh well.  But try we must!

5.

I can personally attest that this is a true and real emotion when you’re trying to enjoy your time off but simultaneously counting down the days until you return to school and can see your girlfriend again.

6.

Everyone that lives in my dorm building has probably seen me dash down the stairs to let my girlfriend in the building while looking exactly like this chicken.

7.

Sometimes when I feel blah I just look at my lockscreen image of me and my girlfriend.  Tell me that this wouldn’t make you smile too.

8.

There’s not even a joke in this one, it’s just so accurate.  Plus I happen to love emoji edits more than life itself.

9.

The other day I talked about ancient China and footbinding practices for approximately fifteen minutes while my girlfriend listened thoughtfully even though she did not care at all.  And that’s what a relationship is.

10.

I think at the end of the day, we’re all just shocked and in awe that we managed to find someone so perfect.

Get busy and start sending your girlfriend memes to show how much you care!

Follow Her Campus @ Geneseo on FacebookTwitterInstagram, and Pinterest.

Victoria Cooke is a Senior History and Adolescence Education major with a Women's and Gender Studies minor at SUNY Geneseo. Apart from being an editor and the founder of Her Campus at Geneseo, she is also the co-president of Voices for Planned Parenthood and a Curator for TEDxSUNYGeneseo. Her passions include feminism, reading, advocating for social justice, and crafting. In the future, she hopes to inspire the next generation of history nerds and activists.