This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

The way to stand out on the red carpet this season is not with big, poufy princess dresses or sultry numbers. Rather, the looks that have caught everyone’s eyes are women in tuxedos. If you haven’t noticed the photos of Emma Stone and Lorde, you obviously haven’t been paying attention. What is especially so cutting edge about their ensembles is that they aren’t androgynous, as women’s tuxedos tend to be at red carpet events. Rather, these pieces are all about the glam factor. These fabulous ladies (with major help from their stylists I’m sure) have given a traditionally male look a dazzling touch by incorporating bold lips, heavy jewelry, and crop tops. Emma Stone in particular wowed everyone with her SAG Awards look by going for a sheer tuxedo dress. Thanks to them, 2015 has brought a whole new perspective on women in men’s wear, and I for one am loving it. Though such an outfit may not be applicable to college events (although if you wore something like this to a dance or even your dining hall, you would have my 100% approval and envy). Even so, don’t be afraid to rock a similar look at a wedding or black tie event because I’m sure you will own it.                   

Lover of iced coffee and all things cheetah print. Just a city girl living in a small town college world.