New Fall Shows You NEED To Watch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

Fall TV is upon us! It is time once again to welcome the TV shows that you were sad to see end last season. Some of these shows will be welcomed back with open arms, or maybe you’ll decide to find a new show to watch. New shows are the ones that need the most love, because your viewership could make them or break them. Without further ado, here is a list of some shows that are having a series premiere this fall! 

*Click on a show name to watch a trailer and get hooked! 

September Premiere Dates:

Monday, September 19

Kevin Can Wait -8:30pm on CBS

[IMDb] A newly retired police officer looks forward to spending more quality time with his wife and three kids only to discover he faces much tougher challenges at home than he ever did on the streets.

The Good Place -10pm on NBC

[IMDb] The Good Place, is a town where those who have been good throughout their life go to once they have passed away. Michael (Danson) is the architect who oversees the town. Eleanor (Bell) arrives at the Good Place and realizes she doesn’t deserve to be there. With the help of Michael, Eleanor seeks to right her wrongs seeking to finally earn her place at the Good Place.

Tuesday, September 20

Bull -9pm on CBS

[IMDb] BULL stars Michael Weatherly as Dr. Jason Bull in a drama inspired by the early career of Dr. Phil McGraw, the founder of one of the most prolific trial consulting firms of all time. Brilliant, brash and charming, Dr. Bull is the ultimate puppet master as he combines psychology, human intuition and high-tech data to learn what makes jurors, attorneys, witnesses and the accused tick.

This is Us -10 pm on NBC

[IMDb] A group of people born on the same day, including Rebecca and Jack, a married couple expecting triplets in Pittsburgh, and Kevin, a handsome television actor growing bored of his fly bachelor lifestyle.

Wednesday, September 21

Speechless -8:30 pm on ABC

[IMDb] A family with a special-needs child is good at dealing with the challenges it faces and excellent at creating new ones.

Designated Survivor -10pm on ABC

[IMDb] A low-level Cabinet member becomes President of the United States after a catastrophic attack kills everyone above him in the Presidential line of succession.

Thursday, September 22

Notorious – 9pm on ABC

[IMDb] Follows the professional and personal relationship between a charismatic attorney and a powerhouse television producer as they attempt to control the media, the justice system, and ultimately – each other.

Pitch -9pm on FOX

[IMDb] A young pitcher becomes the first woman to play in the Major Leagues.

October Premiere Dates:

Monday, October 3

Conviction -10 pm on ABC

[IMDb] A brilliant young attorney, who is also the daughter of a former U.S. president, is blackmailed to head up NYC’s new Conviction Integrity Unit. She and her team investigate cases where people may have been wrongly convicted.

Timeless -10 pm on NBC

[IMDb] An unlikely trio traveling through time to battle unknown criminals in order to protect history as we know it.

Tuesday, October 4

No Tomorrow -9pm on The CW 

[IMDb] Evie, a risk-averse quality-control assessor who falls for free-spirited thrill seeker Xavier only to find out he lives his life that way because he believes the apocalypse is coming.

Wednesday, October 5

Frequency -9pm on The CW

[IMDb] A police detective in 2016 discovers that she is able to speak via a ham radio with her estranged father; Frank Sullivan, a detective who died in 1996 and the two must work together to change the history of tragic events to come while also getting the chance to heal their complicated relationship.

Tuesday, October 11

American Housewife -8:30pm on ABC

[IMDb] A family comedy narrated by Katie, a strong-willed mother, raising her flawed family in a wealthy town filled with perfect wives and their perfect offspring.

Thursday, October 27

The Great Indoors -8:30pm on CBS

[IMDb] An adventure reporter must adapt to the times when he becomes the boss to a group of millennials in the digital department of the magazine

Pure Genius -10pm on CBS

[IMDb] A young Silicon Valley tech-titan enlists a veteran surgeon with a controversial past in starting a hospital with a cutting-edge, new school approach to medicine.

Mariah is a senior psychology major, who has aspirations to work in the library science field. She enjoys listening to music and making playlists, playing board games, and crafting. She enjoys writing for Her Campus because it gives her the chance to share unconventional articles that would otherwise not be published, while at the same time promoting female empowerment.