Meet Alishea Hight!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

There are a lot of people you meet during your college career, but few of them remain with you moving forward. I met Alishea last year and we have been friends ever since. She is a very caring, friendly, and vibrant person. This week Her Campus had the chance to interview her. Here is what we learned! 

Her Campus: What year are you at Georgia College? 

Alishea Hight: Junior

HC: What is your Major? 

AH: Psychology

HC: What led you to picking that major? 

AH: I wanted to make a difference in the community and helping people through therapy is the best way I knew how.

HC: What do you want to do with your major once you have graduated? 

AH: Become a LPSW (Licensed Professional Social Worker)  and work with the foster/ adoption system or a family and marriage therapist.

HC: What are you doing now that will help you with future career goals? 

AH: Being a psychology major and taking courses that help me to better understand people and also being apart of a community service sorority in which I get to help others out on a regular basis.

HC: What do you like about Georgia College? 

AH: I like the smallness of the campus and how close you get to everyone.

HC: Are you involved on campus? 

AH: I’m involved in Gamma Sigma Sigma, Psychology Club, BSA (Black Student Alliance), NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People), Braveheart and Physics Club.

HC: What is your favorite organization that you are involved with? 

AH: Gamma Sig is my favorite.

HC: What do you like to do for fun? 

AH: I love going to trivia and I have a team that goes every Wednesday at Buffingtons, I also love geography and traveling to new places.

HC: Do you have any hobbies? 

AH: Netflix and chilling, lol. 

HC: If you we’re meeting yourself for the first time, what would your first impression be? 

AH: “Boy she’s loud”

HC: What is something you have been afraid to do, but still want to do?

AH: Jumping into a lake from up high…I cant swim.

HC: Do you have any advice that you would like to share?

AH: Be the best you that you can possible be and just remember that you get back what you put out into the world so remember to be kind to everyone even when that seems tough to do. 

I hope you have learned a lot more about who Alishea is as a person. Hopefully this insight will encourage you to say and speak to her if you see her around campus! Thank you to Alishea for interviewing with us! 

Mariah is a senior psychology major, who has aspirations to work in the library science field. She enjoys listening to music and making playlists, playing board games, and crafting. She enjoys writing for Her Campus because it gives her the chance to share unconventional articles that would otherwise not be published, while at the same time promoting female empowerment.