This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

From textbooks to meals with friends, college can be expensive. Getting a college job could be the solution to your financial woes, and you can build experience for your future career as well! Here are some tips to make the college job search seem a little less daunting: 

1. Go to the Career Center.
The GCSU Career Center is located in Lanier Hall, just a short walk from A&S, and the advisors there can help you with anything job-related, from writing the perfect resume to acing your interviews. Of course, they can also help you research jobs! They’re pretty much the superheroes of the job search. 

2. Ask around.
Chances are, you know at least one person who already has a college job. Ask your friends if their employers have any open positions. You can also try asking your major or minor department for tips on finding a job or an internship in your field. Sometimes, employers are even willing to let you work from your laptop! 

3. Attend a job fair. 
The GCSU Career Center organizes several job fairs each year. The next one coming up is on October 7th, and its focus is on internships (several internships are paid!). You can find out more information about this job fair and others here.

4. Don’t lose hope.
The job search can be difficult, but with some determination and optimism, you can find your perfect college job! 
 Teddi Strassburger is an English major and French minor at Georgia College & State University. Her favorite book is The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, and she loves Disney movies and Parks & Recreation. She plans to work in editing and/or marketing and would love to travel more! You can find her travel blog at travelwithteddi.wordpress.com.