GC’s Own Beyoncé: Alanna Gardner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

Senior Alanna Gardner is a Mass Communications major who one day hopes to work for a public relations or advertising agency. Like Beyoncé, she always strives for the highest. She is not only involved with many organizations on campus, but also holds leadership roles in every single one. She is the President of Kappa Delta, Director of Membership on council of Student Ambassadors and Account Executive of Spectrum PR. She also volunteers at the local food pantry, Café Central. When asked how being President of Kappa Delta affects her academic life, social life, and how she thinks it will affect her future she responded, “Kappa Delta has affected my life in so many different ways. Kappa Delta doesn’t just encourage me to be involved in our organizations but also organizations off campus as well. This has really improved my social life. I’ve branched out and made so many amazing friendships. Being President of Kappa Delta I try my best to lead by example, which has had a great impact on my academics. Kappa Delta has great resources to keep me focused and I continue to raise my standards. The leadership skills I’ve gained will definitely help me in the future.” Alanna always strives to be “apart of something bigger than herself” and is always motivated and moving towards being a better person than she already is in all aspects of life, which makes her our very own Beyoncé. 

Hi Her Campus readers! I'm a Senior Mass Communications major, Netflix fanatic and everything caramel-based lover. You can always find me hanging out with my friends, watching Grey's Anatomy, eating Barberitos or doing all three at the same time! I'm Social Media/Public Relations chair for both Her Campus and CURE GC and love to support other organizations on campus that I have a passion for. I hope one day to go on a mission trip before my "big girl life" starts and then either do Public Relations for an amazing company close to my heart, like Her Campus or CURE, or open a clothing store of my own and donate a cut of the profits to different charitites each month. However for now, I'm going to take it day-by-day and enjoy what's left of my college career! XO, Katelyn.