Exercise Science President: Kaylee Lawless

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

I have known Kaylee Lawless since freshman year. She was my first friend at Georgia College. Kaylee is just that, a friend, to everyone she meets. She is kind, smart and funny. She is a driven young woman. Kaylee is a junior, a member of the Kappa Delta Sorority and recently after running unopposed, she was elected as the President of the Exercise Science club. I know that whatever Kaylee does she will do it with a smile on her face. I know she will succeed in whatever she sets her mind to.  

HC: How does it feel being the new President of the exercise science club?

KL: I feel truly honored and blessed that my classmates and peers have faith in me and my abilities to get the job done as President. I cannot wait to work with the professors to expand our club. Having been in this club for over a year now the opportunities and connections this club has brought me are endless.

HC: What do your duties all entail?

KL: I will inform students about upcoming events, give guidance to younger students on what classes to take, I will talk with professors and be the go-between for the students and professors. Clinical and practicum students must be in this club, so I will be relaying important information to them. Our meetings are once a month on a Thursday at 7.

HC: What are you hoping to gain from this experience?

KL: I want to gain a better relationship with the students in my major as well as with the different professors. They are great mentors to myself and other students. I am excited to work with the rest of my executive board to be as helpful as possible to the people that need help.  

HC: What do you think is going to be the hardest part of being president?

KL: I think the hardest part will be getting people excited about going to the meetings. I want them to be informative and useful.

HC: What are some goals you have for this upcoming year?

KL: Some of my goals are to get freshman and sophomores involved in the club early on and to give them more guidance. I would like to start up the 5k run again that we use to put on. I would like to make a list of people’s post graduation plans so they can assist younger students who would like to follow that same path. Expanding the club’s presence on campus as well as bringing in more people in different fields to talk to us.

My name is Nicole Gilmartin and I am a Senior Mass Communication major with a digital media minor. I have a passion for traveling and was fortunate enough to spend my spring semester of my sophomore year in Florence, Italy. I enjoy all things social media related and anything that lets my creativity show!