What Your Favorite Halloween Movie Says About You

With Halloween quickly approaching, it is time to start getting into the spooky spirit as our favorite films begin to grace our television screens. While there is so much about Halloween to be excited about (pumpkin carving, haunted houses, endless costume ideas and more), we owe most of our excitement to the movies. Whether you enjoy being scared out of your mind or taken back to your childhood days, we all have one Halloween movie that we look forward to every year. Scroll down to check out what your favorite says about you!

Halloweentown

Courtesy: Giphy

Halloween is the most exciting time of the year because it is the one time you feel like you can be your complete self. Forget the part about the candy and the costumes; you’d rather rattle off everything you know about vampires, ghost and ghouls. You always related to Marnie on a different level, and you know that if given the chance, you would make one awesome witch.

Hocus Pocus

Courtesy: Giphy

While you may act like a fancy grown up, you are still a child at heart. Halloween is no time for joking around, as you work tirelessly to put together the perfect witch’s costume to wear to your Pinterest-inspired Halloween party. You’ll never settle for mediocre, and your hobbies include gossiping with girlfriends while you drink your fancy seven ingredient cocktails you just happened to whip up on any given night. 

Double, Double, Toil and Trouble

Courtesy: Giphy

You refuse to grow up. We are well aware that the Mary-Kate and Ashley obsession was real, but you will never get over it. You don’t believe that Halloween is for scares. Halloween is for embracing your inner child and watching two adorable twins in overalls kick some evil aunt butt with their sassy one-liners.

The Addams Family

Courtesy: Giphy

Halloween is a family affair. While your parents went above and beyond every year, decorating your house and preparing their family themed costumes, you channeled your inner Wednesday Addams, resisting as much as you could until you finally gave in. You may act all tough, but deep down we know you’re a sucker for ghosts and ghouls, and everything Halloween.

Halloween

Courtesy: Giphy

Nothing scares you. You’re the tough one of your group who can watch any horror movie thrown your way. Not to mention, you are dedicated. There are 10 films in the Halloween franchise, and you are proud to say that you have seen all of them.

The Craft

Courtesy: Giphy

You are an independent and headstrong, full-fledged feminist on a mission to show the world how badass you are. People can try to tear you down, but they will never succeed. Men may seek your attention but you don’t need them. With your girls by your side and a wicked wardrobe, you will rule the world and nothing will stand in the way.

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Courtesy: Giphy

The holidays are your favorite time of the year. October hits and you truly come alive. While you may love Halloween, a little part of you just can’t contain your excitement for Christmas two months in advance.

Rocky Horror Picture Show

Courtesy: Giphy

You crave attention anywhere you go. You spend weeks preparing your costume for Halloween because you’ll never settle for being a cat like everyone else. Forget the whiskers drawn on with liquid eyeliner, you’re all about the over the top Halloween makeup tutorials. While you are all about being the life of the party, sometimes your friends find you dramatic, but that will never slow you down.

It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

Courtesy: Giphy

You scare easily, which is why you would rather stick to the classic Charlie Brown. You don’t need the haunts; for you, Halloween is all about the cute pumpkins, simple costumes and the joy of the season. 

Her Campus at Florida State University.