“So Cosmo”: Your New Favorite Reality Show

“So Cosmo” is the newest reality TV show to hit E! The show premiered on Feb. 8 and quickly stole the hearts of every woman who’s ever heard of Cosmopolitan magazine. It has everything you could possibly ask for in a reality TV show: fashion, cattiness and hot guys.

Courtesy: Cosmopolitan 

The show follows Cosmopolitan’s top editors around while they help to create women’s favorite fashion, beauty and fitness magazine. Cosmopolitan’s Editor-In-Chief, Joanna Coles, is obviously the head of the whole operation. Under her are her editors: Leah Wyar (Executive Beauty Director), Steven Brown (Bookings Director), Tiffany Reid (Senior Fashion Editor), James Demolet (Senior Fashion Editor) and Diandra Barnwell (Brand Coordinator). These are the people who make the decisions that impact the readers. What does and doesn’t go in the magazine, what the magazine looks like and in some cases, who works for the magazine.

For future magazine writers, “So Cosmo” is a peek into your future. It’s a behind-the-scenes look at what really goes on inside the Hearst Tower at one the nation’s top magazines. And it’s just as glamorous as you think! On the premier episode we watch the team set up and flawlessly carry out a photo shoot with the one and only Ruby Rose! 

Courtesy: E! Online

We also watch a group of staff interview two candidates for the new Fitness Contributor at the magazine. And what better way to interview a Fitness Contributor than to workout with them? One of the candidates, Evan Betts, hit it off with the group, and with Diandra Barnwell especially. In fact, the two actually had a date after the interview! 

Courtesy: E! Online

The show also shows us a few things that happen at the magazine that we don’t always know about. Did you know that Cosmopolitan holds reader nights? Diandra Barnwell is generally in charge of these events. The magazine invites its readers into the office to have drinks and talk and share their personal stories for a feature in Cosmopolitan. Drinks with Cosmo? Sign me up! The topic of conversation last week was terrible dates, which lead to some pretty hilarious stories from the women invited. 

The show left off with a pretty big surprise concerning Joanna Coles, *SPOILER ALERT* she’s leaving the magazine to take on the new job of Chief Content Officer at Hearst Magazine. As great as this opportunity is, it pretty much turns the office upside down. With a new Editor-In-Chief comes a new staff, which leaves the current one in fear for their jobs. 

Courtesy: Flavorwire

There is no doubt that the show will be an E! Network hit. Whether you want to work in the publishing industry, enjoy Cosmopolitan or just enjoy reality TV (let’s be real, who doesn’t?), there’s something on the show that you’ll enjoy. If anything, there’s a hot Fitness Contributor! “So Cosmo” has definitely got us all hooked and if you haven’t watched it, you need to. It comes on E! Network every Wednesday at 9 p.m. 

I'm currently studying Editing Writing & Media and Public Relations at FSU. When I'm not busy, I love scouting out new restaurants, parks and things to do around Tallahassee. And of course I document it all on Instagram! #DoItForTheGram
Her Campus at Florida State University.