Queen of the Urban Jungle: Campus Celeb Kelsey King

Name: Kelsey King

Year: Freshman

Major: Biological Sciences

Relationship status: Single (and ready to mingle)  “Hell yeah, I’m looking”

Job: Sales Associate at Urban Outfitters

Her Campus (HC): How long have you been working at Urban Outfitters?

Kelsey King (KK): 8 months; I worked in the one in Palm Beach Gardens, and then I got accepted to Florida State and I spoke to my manager and she was able to transfer me to the one up here.

(HC): What’s the best part of working at UO?

(KK): I love to give fashion advice. I get to tell people what looks good on them, and give them my opinions. I love the people I work with; they make it so easy. They are so comical, always making jokes, so it’s a great environment to work in.

(HC): Do you also get discounts?

(KK): Yes! I get 40% off. It’s the best damn thing that’s ever happened to me.

(HC): Do you mind working in retail? We’ve all heard the horror stories.

(KK): Ok, yeah. I heard that from people, but I don’t feel that there. Because it is a highly priced store, not too many people are there, and when they are, they aren’t overwhelming. If someone is being “difficult,” you just have to be sickly sweet and kill them with kindness so they get sick of it and they stop bothering you.

(HC): What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?

(KK): I worked at Five Guys. The people who came in there were worse than the people you deal with in retail. Plus I had to clean up people’s messes and do a lot of, basically, manual labor. I was not having that.

(HC): So with all this retail and food industry work, how did you come up with biological sciences for your major?

(KK): Originally my major was communications because I really wanted to be a fashion writer and I want to keep doing that, but I really like marine biology. My dad owns a boat, so I’ve spent my whole life in the water.

(HC): Fashion writing, you say? Have you thought about applying to Her Campus next semester?

(KK): Actually, I have! I read a little bit about it and it sounds right up my alley!

(HC): Well I hope to see your name written here next semester!

Staff Writer for Her Campus FSU!
Her Campus at Florida State University.