Finals week is just about the worst part of college E V E R. The libraries are always packed with no empty seats in sight. All students turn into coffee-dependent, sleep-deprived zombies ready to fall apart at any moment. And parking just doesn’t seem to exist anywhere. The combination of sleep-deprivation, poor eating habits and over-exploitation of the espresso machine at Starbucks is a cry for help that is familiar to all college students. Luckily for you, I have designed the perfect finals week playlist to get you through every and all moods you might be feeling!

1. Weekend Before

The weekend before finals week is no joke. Everyone is cramming a semester’s worth of notes into 60 hours of non-stop studying. You’re slightly optimistic and are finally going to open your textbook that’s been sitting on your desk since January untouched. To get yourself in the study mood, listen to these chill songs with a slightly upbeat background:

Don’t Let Me Down by Sabrina Claudio & Khalid

Floating by Alina Baraz & Khalid

Northface by ODIE

Different State of Mind by Kid Bloom

Lost by Frank Ocean

2. Sleep Deprived Final Hours

Those final hours of studying before your exam are very intense. You most-likely haven’t seen sunlight in 2 days, haven’t eaten a proper meal in a few days (no, cereal does not count) and haven’t stopped staring at a textbook with font-size that seems to be shrinking over time. It’s time to wake yourself up without downing a “trenti” sized coffee from Starbucks. Listen to these hardcore jams to pump you up and get your adrenaline going again:

Black Skinhead by Kanye West

Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin

Mr. Brightside by The Killers

Gonna Fly Now (Rocky theme song) by Bill Conti

Deliriouos (Boneless) Steve Aoki & Kanye West 

3. Day-of Final Cramming

It’s T-mins 5 hours until your exam. You’re questioning if you ever even went to class this whole semester because you seem to know NOTHING. You’re not sure how your hand hasn’t fallen off and your eyes dried up like Spongebob and Patrick in The Spongebob Movie. Your body is made up of 90% expresso, 5% tears and 5% sheer will to live. It’s time to get serious and review all your notes, study guides and flashcards. Listen to this throwback jams to keep you awake and active during your final studying hours:

September by Earth, Wind & Fire

Africa by Toto

Misery by Maroon 5

Stayin’ Alive by Bee Gees

I Will Survive by Gloria Gayner

4. Walking/Driving to the Exam

The time has finally arrived. All (3 days) of your hard-work has led to this moment. There is only one song you need to listen to on-repeat as you’re en route to your exam. That is the ICONIC Survivor by Destiny’s Child. Sing/scream that song until you’re so sure of yourself that your confidence alone is worthy of an 100% on your final. 

5. Post-Final

It’s over! You did the thing! Finals are over and you can finally breathe and eat a proper meal again! Listen to these absolute jams to celebrate your triumph over the college-exam system:

We Are The Champions by Queen

Shake It by Metro Station

I Like It by Cardi B, Bad Bunny, J Balvin

-All Star by Smash Mouth

Pursuit of Happiness by Kid Cudi

I'm a senior from Miami, FL majoring in Public Relations and pursuing a Master's degree in Integrated Marketing Communication. Think of me as the love child of Samantha Jones & Carrie Bradshaw, plus throw in a little Cuban spice.
Her Campus at Florida State University.