Meet Spencer Powell: Don’t Let Being a (former) Gator Count Against this Cutie!

Spencer Powell is charming, humorous, and kind. He’s a breeze to talk to in any given situation and he loves to make people laugh. Talking with him made me realize that maybe not all Gators are bad (don’t worry ladies, former Gator).

Name: Spencer Powell

Hometown: Stuart, Florida

Year: Junior

Major: Creative Writing

HC (Her Campus):  What made you choose Creative Writing?

SP (Spencer Powell):  Unfortunately I couldn’t get into Real Estate and to be honest, math and science are not my strong suits.

HC: What would you like to do in the future then?

SP: Be a real estate agent, and eventually I want to be a broker and run my own agency.

HC: Are you a member of any clubs/ organizations?

SP: I’m a member of FSU’s Real Estate Society and I play intramural sports.

HC: Single or Taken?

SP: Single

HC: What do you look for in a partner?

SP: Sense of humor, caring, good faith, and loves music.

HC: Describe your perfect date:

SP: Get coffee or a drink then walk around a city. I’m a pretty easygoing guy; I just want to be able to talk to the person.

HC: What are your hobbies?

SP: Listening to music and playing soccer.

HC: What was the first album you ever bought?

SP: *NSYNC’s first album, never gets old!

HC: What movie have you seen, but would never willingly admit to seeing it?

SP: Twilight, all of them.

HC: If you were stranded on an island for the rest of your life, what three things would you bring and whom would you force to come with you?

SP: My iPod, a soccer ball, the Bible, and my best friend Scott. I know I could tolerate him for that long.

HC: If you could have a drink named after you, what would it be called?

SP: The Sir William (my middle name is William).

HC: Do you have a nickname? How did you get it?

SP: Rooney! I got it from soccer. Wayne Rooney’s my favorite player, but I haven’t been called that since high school.

HC: What’s your favorite thing about FSU?

SP: The atmosphere and the people. I started my first year in Gainesville (Booo) and can definitely say I’m glad I made the switch. (Yay, good answer!)

Kalie Marsch is a senior at Florida State University majoring in Editing, Writing and Media within the College of English. She aspires to work in magazine publishing and editing in the future, and lives for New York Fashion Week. When she's not busy with work or school, she loves to shop, read magazines and online style blogs, sit down with a good book, or go to the gym. She is obsessed with New York City and plans to move there after graduating from college. Kalie also loves being involved on campus and meeting new people. She is super excited to work with Her Campus and looks forward to helping make the FSU chapter the best it can be!