Meet Ashleigh Gregoria – Inspiring Every Woman

As an inspiring feminist, powerful leader, and involved student, Ashleigh Gregoria rightfully earns the title of Campus Celebrity.

Year: Senior

Major: Accounting and Finance

Minor: Hospitality Management

Hometown: Sarasota, FL

HerCampus (HC): What’s a typical day in the life for you as the director of the WSU?

Ashleigh Gregoria (AG): For WSU, as the director, a lot of what I do is external for the organization, so that’s meeting with different departments of the campus, like for advocacy issues and working with administrators. One of our big campaigns right now is the kNOw More Campaign, so I’m doing a lot of work in terms of meeting with victim advocates programs, so we can really create a strong sexual assault prevention program here at FSU. But outside of that, meeting with a lot of students and being representative of their voice is important, as well as providing activities and engagement opportunities that they’re interested in.

HC: Why did you join the WSU?

AG: When I first came to Florida State, I came from a very small high school; less than 70 in my graduating class! So coming to Florida State was very much a culture shock,  I was looking for something to make it a little bit smaller; something where I could be myself and find out who I was. At a campus this large, it’s not something that is necessarily easy to do. I was able to meet a few student leaders who were part of the WSU and really served as peer mentors that got me involved. The WSU provided a lot of individual self-growth in terms of confidence as both a student leader and a woman with my beliefs, and [made me feel] able and comfortable to stand up for them. That’s what the WSU initially gave me and that’s what I’ve been working to perpetuate and provide for other women.

HC: What other organizations are you involved in at FSU?

AG: Haha, quite a few. I’m involved in the Garnet and Gold Key (the Honorary society), I am SAA (Student Alumni Association), I serve on the PanHellenic Association Executive Board, and I’m also an Alpha Gamma Delta.

HC: What would be your dream job?

AG: Ultimately, I would like to find something where I can really utilize my skill set. My interest right now really relies on utilizing [my knowledge of taxes] and being able to problem-solve and help people. It’s really difficult to understand, and so is making sure individuals understand what’s presented before them. I have a very strong interest in law as well, so [I possibly want to pursue] a career in tax law in the future and be able to work with trusts in the state, and advocate for the beneficiaries of the people so that they receive the benefits of their oath.

HC: What’s your favorite movie?

AG: I think my favorite movie would probably be Rudy. Even though with the recent hype with the media that it’s not true, which is a little disappointing to say the least, I think the story line was very empowering. It talked a lot about an individual’s personal struggle and how they were able to overcome it. I think that really relates to a lot of what I’ve been able to see in myself in terms of growth that I’ve had as an individual. So I think it’s a relatable, inspirational movie.

HC: What’s an interesting talent that you have?

AG: Um…I mean, I played classical piano for 12 years, I don’t know if that’s talent!

HC: Do you have a celebrity crush?

AG: I would probably have to say Channing Tatum; you can never go wrong with that. 

Felicity was previously the Style Editor for Her Campus Media. Felicity graduated in May of 2018 from Florida State University with a double major in Editing, Writing, & Media and Media/Communication Studies. Before joining the team full-time, Felicity was a staff writer, content editor, the managing editor, and the campus correspondent throughout her four years at the FSU chapter. She has interned with Better Homes & Gardens, Sarasota Magazine, and Sachs Media Group during her college career. In her spare time, Felicity likes to explore new coffee shops, go to any local concert, or hunt for new finds at her favorite thrift stores. Felicity was previously the Style Editor for Her Campus Media. Felicity graduated in May of 2018 from Florida State University with a double major in Editing, Writing, & Media and Media/Communication Studies. Before joining the team full-time, Felicity was a staff writer, content editor, the managing editor, and the campus correspondent throughout her four years at the FSU chapter. She has interned with Better Homes & Gardens, Sarasota Magazine, and Sachs Media Group during her college career. In her spare time, Felicity likes to explore new coffee shops, go to any local concert, or hunt for new finds at her favorite thrift stores.
Her Campus at Florida State University.