Lucas Derkatch: The Charming and Hilarious “Guy from Pots”

Name: Lucas Derkatch

Hometown: Rockville Centre, New York

Year: Sophomore

Age: 18

Major: Hospitality

Relationship Status: Single

Her Campus (HC): What’s a typical day in the life of Lucas?

Lucas Derkatch (LD): To be honest, I watch a lot of Entourage. I go to class of course and when I can I like to go out with my friends.

HC: What are three words you would use to describe yourself?

LD: Easy-going, clumsy and genuine.

HC: As a Potbelly’s employee, you must really see it all – from drunk crying to bar fights. What’s the funniest or most memorable story you have from a night at work?

LD: There have been plenty of fights to break up and people to kick out, but to me the funniest thing is when people fall asleep at the bar. It’s even funnier when you wake them up, and they have no idea where they are.

HC: What’s the best thing about working at Pots?

LD: I’ve met so many people and have made a lot of new friends through my job. Also, it’s not too bad when people (okay, girls…) see me somewhere else, and recognize me as “that guy from Pots.”

HC: What do you look for in a girl?

LD: I look for a little bit of myself in every girl.

HC: What’s your ideal date night?

LD: Bowling at Crenshaw Lanes after getting half-price appetizers at the Chili’s on campus!

HC: What’s a fact about yourself that not many people know?

LD: I am extremely talented at playing darts. Not to sound too cocky, but I’m probably the best in Tallahassee.

HC: What’s your guilty pleasure?

LD: I’m a bit of a gambler, but I always come out on top.

HC: What do you like to do in your spare time?

LD: I enjoy working out and spending time with my friends. I also like to watch sports. At night, I like to go out to bars and clubs to do a little dancing.

HC: If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?

LD: I’ve wanted to go to Australia ever since I saw the movie Kangaroo Jack.

HC: What is your favorite song to listen to right now?

LD: “Paper Planes” by M.I.A.

HC: Why did you decide to become a Seminole?

LD: My older brother [pictured below] attended Florida State before I did, and I really wanted to be close to my family so I came here too. The fact that FSU is a great party school with a top athletic program is just a plus.

HC: What activities or organizations are you involved in on campus?

LC: I am a brother of Alpha Epsilon Pi. I was a participant and am now a delegate for Florida State’s Dance Marathon.

HC: What do you love about being a brother of AEPi?

LD: Honestly, it’s the people. My brothers are all positive influences for me to be around and we always have a great time together. AEPi is truly the best brotherhood to be a part of.

HC: Do you have any advice for anyone considering going through fraternity rush?

LD: Just be yourself! Try not to be nervous. If you’re meant to be somewhere, you’ll end up there.

Shelby Curran is a senior at Florida State University majoring in English with a concentration in Editing, Writing, and Media and minoring in Communications.
Her Campus at Florida State University.