The Hallmark Christmas Movies You Should Be Watching

Tis’ the season for eggnog and cheesy Hallmark Christmas movies. As we say goodbye to Thanksgiving and hello to December, we enter into full-blown holiday mode in which we do what we can to get into the Christmas spirit. The trees go up, twinkling lights adorn every inch of our homes and the television is used solely for enjoying Christmas movies. I mean, why waste time on regular programming when the Hallmark channel is offering up nonstop holiday movies that will leave you feeling all warm and fuzzy? Yeah, maybe every one of their movies begins with a lonely woman lacking holiday spirit and ends with a life full of love and Christmas cheer, but we can’t seem to get enough. Whether you are a Hallmark newbie or you’ve seen them all, we have you covered for which of their many movies you should be watching this Christmas season. Check out our ranking of the top 10 Hallmark Christmas movies and check out the schedule here to see when you can watch them!

1. Northpole

Courtesy: Hallmark

This one tops the list simply because it is a classic. While the idea of placing the fate of Christmas spirit in the hands of a little boy seems terrifying, there is nothing Kevin can’t do without the help of his teacher and Santa’s favorite elf, Clementine. This Hallmark movie is filled with so much drama, love and Holiday spirit that you will be begging for Christmas to come faster.

2. Let It Snow

Courtesy: Hallmark

Even though Candace Cameron Bure should be enough to make you want to watch this movie, we can’t forget about the love and Holiday cheer. While Let It Snow follows the same story line as almost every other Hallmark movie – girl wants to ruin town’s Christmas cheer, until she falls in love – the chemistry between Stephanie and Brady is unmatched. What’s even better, you’re basically watching D.J. Tanner discover the true meaning of Christmas spirit.

3. Crown For Christmas

Courtesy: Hallmark

Royal storylines are a Hallmark Channel go-to and Crown for Christmas is definitely one of the best. When Allie loses her job at a NYC hotel, she is forced to work as a governess for Princess Theodora. While Theodora is nothing short of difficult, the two end up hitting off. But with King Max around, the Princess isn’t the only one Allie is bonding with.

4. Northpole: Open For Christmas

Courtesy: Hallmark

Santa’s favorite elf, Clementine, is back to deliver some Christmas magic and save a rundown hotel. This Hallmark classic delivers all the romance and cheer we could ask for, but what truly makes this one great is the star-studded cast. Lori Laughlin, Dermot Mulroney and Bailee Madison are a must watch!

5. Naughty or Nice

Courtesy: Hallmark

This one is for all of you One Tree Hill fans who need your Peyton Sawyer fix. Hilarie Burton is in for an interesting surprise when she gets ahold of Santa’s Naughty or Nice book. Using the book to expose the naughty deeds of those around her, Krissy Kringle soon realizes the dangers of her power.

6. A Royal Christmas

Courtesy: Hallmark

One prince for Gretchen Wieners! With her Mean Girls days behind her, Lacy Chabert is moving on to the royal romances and Holiday spirit that is Hallmark Christmas. In this featured movie, drama ensues as Prince Leopold obeys his mother’s wishes, falling in love with Emily Taylor, a humble seamstress from Philadelphia. Scheming does occur, but this is a Hallmark movie, so expect a happy ending.

7. A Bride For Christmas

Courtesy: Hallmark

Who needs John Tucker when you can have an Aiden? Arielle Kebbel stars in this Hallmark classic about a girl who struggles to make a commitment. After calling off her third engagement, Jessie loses her faith in love. That is, until “the one” comes along. Throw in a bet amongst some guys and some cute puppies and you got yourself a drama-filled Christmas movie.

8. Christmas Cookies

Courtesy: Hallmark

A movie about cookies, what could be better? When Aunt Sally’s Christmas Cookie Company is sold to a large corporation, Jake must step up and stop Hannah Harper from shutting down the town’s factory. But what should’ve been an easy task becomes complicated when, you guessed it, romance comes into play.

9. Broadcasting Christmas

Courtesy: Hallmark

If you are a Melissa Joan Hart fan then Broadcasting Christmas is definitely the Hallmark movie for you. Watch her go head-to-head with her ex for the co-host position on America’s favorite morning show. Spoiler alert, sparks will fly.

10. Ice Sculpture Christmas

Courtesy: Hallmark

Who knew ice sculpting could be so intense? While this Hallmark classic may have you questioning how they even come up with this stuff, we have no doubt that you will be smiling by the end. Ice Sculpture Christmas follows the story of an aspiring Chef who reconnects with her childhood friend, David. When David secretly enters Callie into an ice sculpting competition, she discovers new passions, love and, of course, Christmas spirit. 

Her Campus at Florida State University.