Everything You Want to Know About the New “Bachelor” Spinoff

Yes collegiettes, it’s true! Winter is coming but this year, love is in the air. Another spinoff of The Bachelor franchise has been greenlighted. Here’s everything we know about the show so far from Chris Harrison, the franchise’s creator, Mike Fleiss, and ABC senior VP of alternative programming, Rob Mills.

The show, the Bachelor: Winter Games has been revealed to be taking place in the snowy slopes of Vermont at a luxurious ski resort.  The idea for the show began with questioning what would happen if we moved Bachelor in Paradise to the winter?  It is slated to air in February 2018 at the same time as the 2018 Winter Olympics. Taking on another Olympic element, the Bachelor: Winter Games is bringing us new faces from around the world to compete in the winter-themed tests of athleticism “including the toughest sport of all: love”.

According to Mills, there will be contestants from The Bachelor, Bachelor Japan, Bachelor Australia, Bachelor U.K., and Bachelor Canada and more. Fleiss confirmed this by tweeting that “In celebration of #TheBachelor being the world’s No. 1 show, at least 12 different nations will be represented at The Winter Games!!!”  Oh, the endless possibilities of international romances (and bromances, I’m looking at you Chad and Daniel).

Courtesy: People

So far, only one contestant has been announced and he is a returning cast member from The Bachelorette. Melting our hearts and all that Vermont snow, Peter Kraus is making his Bachelor comeback! Whether you love him or hate him, you know he will bring the drama. In case you missed it, Kraus caused an uproar when he refused to propose to The Bachelorette’s Rachel Lindsay. A source told People that “Peter is every Bachelor producer’s worst nightmare: the perfect guy who cannot be coerced into proposing at the end,” the insider said. “The fact that no one could talk Peter into buckling under and just giving her the ring — and that he wouldn’t play along — absolutely enraged the higher-ups at the show. Including Fleiss, definitely. He is totally on their s— list forever.” Despite the rumored tensions, Kraus seems to be excited about the opportunity to move on from Rachel and find love again. He tweeted in response to the news of his casting, saying “Never let fear hold you back. Lesson learned.” Does this mean he is ready to propose to one lucky lady? I’m starting my fantasy draft now, beginning with two of my favorites, Dean Unglert and Ben Higgins. I know they’ve had some bad luck with love but I think that Bachelor: Winter Games could be their chance to turn it around. I think this could be Dean’s chance to find his person and for Ben to recover from the split with Amanda. How about you, collegiettes? Who do you think is going to be on the Bachelor: Winter Games? Who will take home the gold in love (sorry I had to)? 

Katie is a senior at Florida State University, majoring in Marketing and minoring in Commerical Entrepreneurship. She is one of Her Campus's national collegiate Style Editors but don't worry, you can still find her writing for Style and Career. She's a South Florida girl through and through and loves all things beachy and outdoorsy. When she isn't obsessively online shopping, looking up her daily CoStar, or reading every book in the "Free" section on iTunes, she's trying to convince people that they don't need an Instagram. Feel free to add her on LinkedIn (because networking is the new adulting) and check out her website. 
Her Campus at Florida State University.