College Students Rank the Seven Best Christmas Movies of All Time

It literally is the most wonderful time of the year. Fuzzy sweaters, twinkly lights, hot chocolate, parties, decorations and of course, Christmas movies! We asked our fellow ‘Noles which movies they getting excited for the most during the holiday season, and here’s what they said:

7. The Polar Express

Courtesy: exploresquamish

This Christmas classic comes in at #7 on our list, because let’s be honest, you KNOW you’ve always wanted to try the hot chocolate they serve on the Polar Express.

6. Love Actually

Courtesy: Hexjam

The prequel to Valentine’s Day and New Year’s Eve (jk not really). But there are so many plot twists, laughs, cries and everything in-between. Who doesn’t love it? Bonus: Pretty much everyone has a British accent in this movie.

5. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation

Courtesy: Fanpop

Clark Griswald is everyone at Christmas time when they don’t get their way. Or at least how we want to be.

4. Home Alone & It’s a Wonderful Life

Courtesy: Wikipedia & Mental Floss

Number four on our list was a tie between Home Alone and It’s a Wonderful Life. Wildly different. Both wildly good. One will make you cry with laughter, and the other will make you cry because it pretty much rips your ENTIRE HEART OUT.     

3. A Christmas Story

Courtesy: Enlightened Theatrics

“You’ll shoot your eye out, kid!” is just one of many phrases to be coined from this movie. Also, is it just me, but after watching this movie has anyone else been terrified that they will accidentally get their tongue stuck on a frozen pole too?

2. Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Courtesy: Universal

Jim Carrey is classic, and honestly the perfect fit to play the Grinch. Not that he is one IRL. Or maybe he is, I don’t know the guy. Either way, this one’s a classic.

1. Elf

Courtesy: Thirty One West

Finally, everyone’s favorite (by a long shot), Elf. Need I say more?

Samantha is an Editing, Writing and Media major. She loves a good cup of coffee, a ruby red lip, roadtripping, and being a downright goof. She dreams to travel the world someday and write about all her adventures. But for now, she just really hopes she can just keep balancing everything at once.
Her Campus at Florida State University.