you x ventures Oalh2MojUuk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
you x ventures Oalh2MojUuk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Brittany Sinitch: Reminding the World Of Reasons to Dance

Name: Brittany Sinitch

Age: 20

Year: Junior

Major: English Education

Hometown: Coral Springs, FL

Courtesy: Brittany Sinitch

Her Campus (HC): How did you get involved with Dance Marathon?

Brittany Sinitch (BS): My freshman year I heard that Dance Marathon was a “must” at Florida State. I knew that there was going to be dancing, kids and a whole lot of miracle making. As a little freshman, I just knew that I wanted to go to Dance Marathon. I was not aware of how it would change my life until I got there. It was just me, my tutu and my bag full of costumes. Nothing else compared to how I felt when I walked into the room. It felt like I was home, as cheesy as that is. It changed my life. The spirit, the people and the movement—that is what got me so involved. Ever since that moment, I haven’t looked back. This is my life! 

HC: What do you love about DM?

BS: Do I have to pick one thing!? It’s the magic that I love the most. I have heard miracle stories before and I have seen miracles happen in the movies, but at Dance Marathon they are happening right in front of our eyes. We as students are making so many miracles for the kids. When I was a freshman walking into Dance Marathon for the first time, I had no idea I would raise close to $6,000 a year later for this movement. I had no idea that Florida State would raise over one million dollars. The fact that our students, our families, our friends and our community come together to make miracles is just magical to me. Together we are doing something that is going to give kids one more day to keep fighting. 

Courtesy: Brittany Sinitch

HC: How has it changed your college experience?

BS: Dance Marathon has given me a family. The DM family is filled with the most supportive, selfless and beautiful people I have ever met. They are constantly building one another up and supporting each other. They are filled with such a positive energy. It is hard to ever be upset around these people. Dance Marathon has given me a purpose at Florida State. I knew that I wanted to come to college and do something that was going to change my life, while changing other people’s lives. That is what I have found through Dance Marathon. It has shown me that anything is possible and that one movement and one person is capable of changing the world.

HC: Are you involved with anything else on or off campus? And how do those things influence your college experience and your experiences with DM or other organizations?

BS: Yes! I feel like I’m always on the go, but I enjoy staying busy. This year I’m on the Internal Fundraising team for Dance Marathon. I’m on the Student Leadership Council of the College of Education, I’m a member of Garnet and Gold Key, as well as the Seminole Torchbearers. I have a huge passion for musical theatre; it is such a big part of who I am. I perform in shows locally in our community and at Florida State. I also have started a bullying awareness movement based around a documentary that I created. It’s been so great to have students at FSU support such an important movement. All of these organizations, activities and positions make me, me. They are filled with people who inspire me every day. They have made my college experience so special and I’m thankful for that!

Courtesy: Brittany Sinitch

HC: What do you want to do after graduation?

BS: Besides a performer on Broadway? I can dream, right? I want to be an English teacher! I absolutely love working with students. There is nothing I want more than to see students of mine grow into future leaders one day. I also want to continue working with Dance Marathon in any way that I can. #FTK

HC: Do you have any advice for incoming freshmen?

BS: Be bold. I walked into Dance Marathon my freshmen year by myself! Three years later I can say I have met my best friends and have found something I am truly passionate about. Follow your dreams and be yourself. If you want to do something, do it. Do not let anyone stop you from doing what you love!

Courtesy: Brittany Sinitch

HC: How would you like to impact the world?

BS: I want to give the world a reason to dance. I want this entire world to know that it is possible to make a difference. If we do just one thing each day to pay it forward, then we are making this world a better place already. I just want to spread positivity wherever I go and make my mark on this world.

HC: Why did you choose Florida State?

BS: Florida State chose me. Just kidding. It’s the spirit and the people that got me. I am surrounded by the most inspirational, talented and intelligent people in the world. Florida State has a spirit unlike any other school. It is so unique and something that just stays with you.

HC: Are there any valuable lessons you’ve learned after experiencing some time at Florida State?

BS: Watch out for bikers when you are walking to class. Do not get towed. Eat something from the Mom & Pops stand. Go to a football game. Meet new people. Put yourself out there. Lay on Landis Green. Take a bowling class, just because. Buy rain boots. Get involved. Never change. Make miracles. 

I have a passion for pretty sounds and pretty words - music! I'm a junior at Florida State University, majoring in Editing, Writing and Media and minoring in Communication.
Her Campus at Florida State University.