6 of the Best Restaurants You Have to Go to in Tally

With the semester winding down and graduation coming up, people are probably trying to look for good restaurants to eat at. Whether it’s a graduation dinner, a birthday celebration or just going to dinner with friends, here is a list of some popular restaurants around town. Compiled by myself and friends, you’re sure to find a place that suits your needs. 

1. BJ’s Brewhouse

BJ’s Brewhouse is the home of the pizookie. This place is perfect for a birthday dinner or celebration. They have a huge menu, so everyone is bound to find something they like. It is mid-priced, dishes ranging from $11 to $30, so while it might not be the best place to go for a quick bite, it still has some great options. The restaurant itself is fairly large, so it’s also ideal for bigger groups.

2. Table 23

If you’re trying to go a little nicer, then Table 23 is the place to go. It is a little more expensive but nice for special occasions or even a date. The interior is more high-end, with chandeliers hanging from the ceilings, which makes for a nice ambiance. The food has a southern influence and has great reviews on Yelp.

3. Hobbit

A classic sports bar to go in Tally. As their website says “where everybody comes to have good food with good friends!” this is my go-to restaurant for me and my friends! Their menu consists of classic American bar food. My favorite is the buffalo wings (make sure to get them extra crispy!) and there are 3 types of fries you can choose from! Overall, it’s a casual place to eat that doesn’t break the bank.

Courtesy: Jeffrey McDonald

4. Madison Social

Now, I know we all know about Madison Social. I mean, are you really an FSU student if you’ve never been there? With weekly trivia and their monthly drink challenges, MadSo is the perfect college bar. Serving lunch and dinner, you’re bound to find something you like (personally I love the MadSo burger. . . those fried avocados are delicious). They also have the best social media team and show they really care about their customers.

5. Super Perros

I had passed by Super Perros, which lies on the corner of Ocala and Tennessee, many times and had always wondered if it was any good. Let me tell you, it is delicious! Offering a variety of Colombian food as well as burgers and hot dogs, this place will leave you full and recommending it to all your friends. It’s a small little restaurant, but with a cozy feel.

6. Andrew’s Downtown

If you’re walking around downtown Tallahassee, Andrew’s is the place to go. During the weekend they have all day happy hour, (who can beat that!) and their buffalo chicken dip is to die for. This is the perfect place to stop by for a drink or enjoy a meal after a day of walking. As my boyfriend likes to say when he comes up, “Best restaurant in Tallahassee!”

Next time you want to go out to eat, consider trying one of these places!

Media/Communication studies major with a passion for music, makeup and puppies!
Her Campus at Florida State University.