12 Fictional Movie and TV Locations You Wish You Could Visit In Real Life

Have you ever been so captivated by the setting of a movie or a TV show that you wish you could just snap your fingers and appear there? Forget your busy schedule in that crowded city of that you live in; you would rather be stuffing your face with all of the chocolate you could imagine in Willy Wonka’s Chocolate factory. From the magic filled castle of Hogwarts to the quaint town of Stars Hollow, we’ve got you covered on the top 12 places you wish you could visit in real life. 

1. Hogwarts and Hogsmeade

Courtesy: Giphy

If you told me that you have seen or read Harry Potter and have never wished to attend Hogwarts, then I would say that you’re lying. Who wouldn’t want to live in that beautiful castle where you can master your wizardry skills and drink all the butterbeer your body can handle? So what if the school always seems to be in danger, nothing could beat being able to fly around on broomsticks. But since we don’t predict you receiving your Hogwarts letter anytime soon, you’ll just have to settle for the theme park version for now.  

2. Stars Hollow

Courtesy: Today.com

This one is for all of the Gilmore Girls fans out there whose primary goal in life is to be a regular at Luke’s diner. Not to mention all of the crazy events that we could attend in the town square (Who wouldn’t want to participate in a knit-a-thon?). So maybe it’s not always great having the whole town know your business, and there might not be much to do outside of going to the movies and ordering takeout, but none of that compares to being surrounded by so many friendly (and slightly crazy) faces.

3. Narnia

Courtesy: Giphy

Talking animals and a real Santa Claus? This fantasy world seems like a good time. And forget having to use up all of your vacation days for this trip, because while you are having a great time in Narnia, time is standing still in the real world.

4. Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory

Courtesy: Giphy

The chance to step into a world of pure imagination and eat all of the candy you could ever imagine. Need I say more? Safe to say we wouldn’t show the same restraint that Charlie did, but I wouldn’t mind taking a little ride through the factory pipes if it meant I could swim through that chocolate river.

5. Whoville

Courtesy: AFK Travel

Forget those small Hallmark Christmas towns, this is the real deal. Take a quick little trip to Whoville just in time for the Holidays and you will come back with so much Christmas spirit, your friends and family will be begging you to turn the Mariah Carey Christmas album off of repeat. But be sure to watch out for that mean old Grinch; don’t want him stealing any of your souvenirs.

6. Bikini Bottom

Courtesy: wikia

Not sure if we need to be diving certified before we visit this one or what, but Bikini Bottom is a must see. First stop on the visit, the Krusty Krab to find out if this krabby patty is really worth all of the hype. Then of course we will make our way to Spongebob’s pineapple for a nice afternoon of annoying Squidward. 

7. Tree Hill, North Carolina

Courtesy: Pinterest

So maybe we don’t want to visit Tree Hill, North Carolina as much as we want to stalk Chad Michael Murray. The town may not be the most scenic but we’d sure like to take a peek at what Brooke is selling at Clothes Over Bros and then head down to the rivercourt to try and play a little basketball (we did say try). While we wont be seeing Peyton driving down the streets in her Comet anytime soon, you can visit the actual town that Tree Hill was filmed in. Wilmington, North Carolina offers many familiar sites that will have you feeling all sorts of nostalgic, including the riverwalk and Brooke Davis’ red door.

8. Jurassic Park

Courtesy: Giphy

Is risking death to visit this one worth it? We think yes. Yeah, maybe it is not the safest tourism attraction on the list, but are you going to pass up the chance to see real life dinosaurs? Just make sure you are working out a lot leading up to this vacation because you never know when you are going to have to run away from a T-Rex.

9. Kings Landing

Courtesy: Wikia

It’s safe to say that we only want to visit this one if we are considered royalty. Fancy dresses, all of the wine we can handle (or maybe not), and the chance to see real dragons. Where do we sign up?

10. Genovia

Courtesy: Bustle

As real as they make it seem in the Princess Diaries, unfortunately, Genovia is not a real country. If it were though, we know that it would be beautiful. And you can’t forget that among its list of rulers are Julie Andrews and Anne Hathaway, so it must be pretty great.

11. Neverland

Courtesy: Giphy

Approaching college graduation or just all in all tired of the real world? Visit Neverland where you won’t ever be forced to grow up. We all say that we wish we could just be a kid again, and with Neverland, we can.

12. Storybrooke

Courtesy: Giphy

Not only is Storybrooke a quaint little town, it is filled with all of your favorite fairy tale characters. Looking for your own prince charming? Then this is the tourist destination for you. Although we may not get to witness an epic battle between the savior and the evil queen, you can visit the historic seaside village of Steveston in Richmond, British Columbia where you will see many recognizable sites, including Granny’s Diner and Mr. Gold’s Pawn Shop. 

Her Campus at Florida State University.