Things I Did Instead of Studying for Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

Finals week is stressful time, so I try to take some time to take care of myself and relax. I may have taken a little too much time, but at least I did end up studying… the night before my finals, but it’s better than nothing. Here’s something I should regret doing instead of studying for finals.

Started and got all caught up on New GirlYes, I managed to watch over five seasons. It’s addicting, I’m sorry. But it’s hilarious and sweet so I’m not that sorry.

Marathoned Christmas movies

Elf. The Santa Clause. How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Home Alone. The Muppets Christmas Carol. According to Freeform Frozen is a Christmas movie because they keep playing it so sure, that too.

Got most of my Christmas shopping done

Okay, you have to admit this is somewhat productive. It only took me four trips to Target and three to the crowded mall. No problem. Also, I’m offically broke.

NappedHow do you expect me to study when I can barely keep my eyes open? I need to prepare with a quick nap. Or four. Who knows?

Holiday PartiesWheter you were planning one or attended one, it’s the perfect opportunity to get away from the awful responsibility of finals week. Also, you know an ugly sweater made an appearence at all of them.

Watched Vine compilation videos

Yeah, I would much rather laugh cry at weird and silly six second videos than cry about how I do not understand math, thank you very much.

Watched cooking videos on FacebookI mean, that’s what Facebook is for, isn’t it? To watch sped up videos of food I’ll never make.

Took Buzzfeed quizzesYes, I could have been studying for my art history final. But I really needed to know where I’m going to travel in 2017 based on my breakfast choices so…

I’d like to think I’ve used my time fairly wisely over the past couple weeks but oh well.

Graduate from Framingham State University. Communication Arts major, and Writing minor. Former Co-Campus Correspondent of HC Framingham and current After College writer! I'm passionate about tv shows, comedy, music, and cheese fries and take them all very seriously.