toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Get into the Halloween Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

Halloween is right around the corner, and we only have a couple more weeks to get in the spirit! Here are a few suggestions to get ready for the holiday:

1. Eat ALL the candy

I mean what’s Halloween without the candy?! You need it before in order to prepare for the holiday and you need it after, because it’s discounted and it’s candy.

2. Go pumpkin picking/carve pumpkins

Go out with friends to the pumpkin patch and pick the perfect pumpkin, then bring it home and break out some of those artistic skills and get creative!

3. Go to a haunted house/hayride

If you have fun scaring the pants off yourself, check out some haunted houses or hayrides. This can always be fun to go to with a group of friends to hide behind!

4. Check out Halloween themed events

Find fall/pumpkin festivals around your area! This year I had the chance to go to the fall festival in Newburyport, MA and go see the spooktacular pumpkins at Rodger Williams Zoo, RI, both I highly suggest checking out!

5. Check out Salem

Salem is a wicked (tehe) fun place to check out around Halloween! Dress up and learn about the history of the town and witches while celebrating the holiday.

6. Watch scary movies

If you love scary movies like I do, Halloween is a great excuse to have a few marathons, especially when they are showing on tv!

7. Watch Halloween movies that are not scary

Halloweentown, Hocus Pocus or Nightmare before Christmas are all classic, great non-scary Halloween movies to watch!

8. Decorate

Decorate your rooms to get in the spirit! You can find good, cheap decorations at Walmart or the dollar store.

9. Costume shopping

Get creative with your costumes! Go to costume stores, thrift shops or the mall to find supplies. Coordinate costumes with your friends!

10. Throw a Halloween partyGet all your friends together and celebrate! Dress up, eat candy and enjoy the holiday!

yo
Graduate from Framingham State University. Communication Arts major, and Writing minor. Former Co-Campus Correspondent of HC Framingham and current After College writer! I'm passionate about tv shows, comedy, music, and cheese fries and take them all very seriously.