element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Holiday Memories and Traditions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

Winter is filled with special occasions that have so much potential for memories with friends and family! Whether it’s watching the ball drop with your group of pals, making gingerbread houses with your cousins, or wrapping presents with your parents, we all have our favorite holiday memories and traditions. My favorite tradition with my family is dressing up on Christmas to take family pictures with our tree. It takes us what feels like hours to take maybe one nice picture in which no one is frowning or has their eyes closed.

Here are just a few students’ favorite holiday memories and traditions;

Sydney, a Framingham State sophomore, said “My favorite [tradition] is that me, my mom, and sister read The Polar Express” every Christmas Eve!”

Amber Hoy, a senior at Framingham State University, shared this about her holiday tradition; “Ever since I was a little girl, my family puts me in charge of making name tags for everyone at the dinner table so they know where to sit. I still do that to this day! Though they have gotten much better; they went from glitter and pola dots to now a bit fancier and neater.”

FSU junior, Allie Roe, recalled one fun Christmas. “I did get a razor scooter once with my sister. We would ride them around the house and try to go down the stairs on them.”

Hannah Lavin, a senior at Framingham, had this to say about her favorite Christmas memory; “So every Christmas Eve my family and I would read Christmas stories and this one year we read one about red mittens. So I said to my mother “I’m gonna ask Santa for red mittens for tomorrow”. My mother being the wonderful woman that she is stayed up all night making red mittens for me and my sister. They were really great mittens too, like super soft. So thanks to my mom about for keeping Christmas spirit alive!”

Rachel Smith, a writer for HC Framingham said “My sister and I decorate the tree every year with the same ornaments that we have had since we were little!”

“Watching ‘Home Alone’!” Said Marissa Rousseau about her favorite holiday film she watches every year.

Thank you to all who have shared their favorite memories and traditions for the holiday season! We hope this year is filled with even more!

Graduate from Framingham State University. Communication Arts major, and Writing minor. Former Co-Campus Correspondent of HC Framingham and current After College writer! I'm passionate about tv shows, comedy, music, and cheese fries and take them all very seriously.