danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Get to Know Marty Conley

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

Year: Sophomore

Major: English

Minor: Secondary Education

Hometown: Chelmsford, MA

Zodiac Sign: Taurus

Involvement on campus: RA in West, senator for SGA, member of the rugby team (potential president next year)

What SGA position are you running for?

Class and club treasurer.

What are the responsibilities of that position?

We fundraise for SGA, so for events SGA does for the public and events that we have. Something I want to do differently is to include clubs in that.

What will you bring to the position?

Involving clubs, coming up with new ideas, working with e-boards to make it more flexible for everyone and set up meetings with clubs.

How is your time on senate?

I absolutely love it, I’ve only been doing it for a month and half but I’ve already won senator of the month.

What is your favorite position to play in rugby?

There’s like 15 positions, I’m a back, so I’m one of the smaller players. I’m basically just a ball handler so I just pass the ball and I don’t get tackled.

If you had to choose between Nike and Adidas to wear for the rest of your life, which would you choose?

I love Nike, I actually have a Nike sweatshirt on right now.

What’s your favorite class?

That’s kind of a hard one, I just like English in general. I loved creative writing with Sam Witt.

Favorite author?

I like Hawthorne, I like older writing just ‘cause it’s more original.

Do you have a favorite style of writing?

I love really dark poetry just ‘cause I’m naturally good at it, I don’t know why!

What is your favorite thing about FSU?

Just opportunities, I guess. There’s so many great elements; I’d say diversity. I come from a very white town, it’s a very one dimensional town and coming here, I’ve met a lot of people and its changed my reflection on life so diversity is definitely good.

Make sure to vote for Marty for Class and Club Treasurer on April 18th!

Victoria Bailey

Framingham '20

vice president & senior editor of Her Campus Framingham