yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

Falling Into Fall Fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

Fall is arguably my favorite season. There is Halloween, Thanksgiving, pumpkin spice everything, and fashion. I am no fashionista, but I am proud to say fall is where I shine. Here are some of the wonderful pieces of fall fashion that will never go out of style:

1. Plaid

The color combinations are timeless whether you’re more into neutrals, or bold statements. Plaid is an effortless way to look fall. Throw on a pair of leggings or jeans, and start accessorizing. Bold earrings, beanies, or infinity scarves effortlessly make the look more put together. You could also try putting on a plain T-shirt, accompanied by a plaid shirt as more of a jacket/cardigan. I love doing this because the plaid shirt can be removed if I get hot in class.

2. Boots

It’s simple: Invest in a good pair of knee-high boots. Keep it a neutral color like black, or brown so they can be more versatile. Faux leather is always a good material. If the boots get dirty, you can easily clean them with water. Boots, for the most part, can pretty much go with anything. They can easily make any outfit look less frumpy, and a major bonus is they keep your legs warm during the cold months. Note: UGGs are not included.

3. Anything Red

Every girl should own a powerful red lipstick. I love that pop of color on a basic outfit such as a T-shirt and jeans. It automatically adds a boost of confidence, and makes you feel super sexy. Red is irresistible to anyone because it is the color of passion. Shirts, pants, or scarves will all suffice. Any shade in any form, red always works (except eyeshadow; stay classy).

4. Gold accessories

Gold earrings, necklaces, bracelets and rings, oh my! I love them all. Gold works with any skin tone, and will easily put an entire outfit together. Fall is all about simple clothes mixed with edgy accessories. Get creative. Layer bracelets and necklaces, and do not be afraid of wearing more than one ring. The more gold, the better! Accessories add personality. Believe me, looking at a killer ring from Forever 21 on your hand during class will easily make you feel better about the pop quiz your professor just announced.

5. Layers

Layer, layer, layer! Cardigans, blazers and sweaters are fall staples. Add a soft oversized cardigan to your summer tank or toss a cropped sweater over longer tanks. Dressing to impress?  Top off a button down with a blazer; instant sophistication. Any color or size will always work. Personally I love grey or other neutrals because they instantly add a cozy look and feel.

I’m no fashion expert, these tips are just from my personal experience. Rock whatever makes you feel good, and it will translate to other people. Just wear a smile, and strut your stuff like Tyra Banks. Your style should reflect your personality, don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise.

I am an aspiring English major. My talents include telling bad jokes, eating abnormal amounts of pizza at once, and spoiling the end of a book by reading the last page. I am also an aspiring Uma Thurman wannabe.
Marissa is a senior psychology major and photography minor at Framingham State University. She is an Academic Success Peer Tutor, SDA in the dorms. She is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Framingham and a Chapter Advisor. When she is not daydreaming, Marissa enjoys binge-watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Hulu and sleeping.