Additions to Your Spotify Playlist (Part 2)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

Need some more new music to add to your playlist? No problem! Back here with part two with even more songs to share!

Rock/ Alternative Rock Playlist:

Milky Chance: Cocoon is one of the latest songs they’ve release in 2017. Not familiar with Milky Chance? I guarantee most of you have heard their hit Stolen Dance released in 2013. Their new song Cocoon is very catchy and can fit perfectly into an alternative playlist. They have also released two songs off of their upcoming album Ego, which will be released in March 2017, so stay tuned!

Pixies: Where is My Mind? is an older song found on their album Surfer Rosa released in 1988. It has a pretty laid back vibe, I feel like I would add it into a soothing playlist; it has acoustics going along with the electrics. I think it could fit into either an alternative or acoustic playlist, but for either one it makes a great addition.

Band of Horses: Casual Party is off of their album Why Are You OK released in 2016. I think this song is pretty mellow with a catchy chorus. I suggest checking it out!

The Strokes: Last Nite is off of their album Is This It released in 2001. I recently got into this song and I love it. I find it really catchy and perfect for any alternative playlist. If you like their sound, another song to look for is their song Reptilia off of their album Room On Fire from 2003!

Acoustic/Folk Playlist:The Paper Kites: Bloom is off of their album Woodland released in 2013. I really enjoy this song and think it is a, absolute perfect fit for any acoustic, relaxing or coffeehouse playlist. For anyone who likes some finger picking, this is a great song for you!

Vance Joy: Georgia is off of the album Dream Your Life Away released in 2014. I know everyone has heard the hit song Riptide, but this whole album is honestly fantastic. Georgia is personally one of my top songs off the album!

Ska Playlist:

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones: The Impression That I Get is off of their album Let’s Face It released in 1997. I know most people already know this song, but it’s a classic! When I think of ska, the first band that comes to mind is the Mighty Mighty Bosstones! This song would be a great addition to any ska or uplifting playlist.

Walk the Moon: Anna Sun is off of their self-titled album released in 2012. Walk the Moon has gotten pretty popular with their (overplayed) hit Shut Up and Dance, but I enjoy this song more and think that it hasn’t really been discovered by too many people just yet (or a least not as much as Shut Up and Dance). If you liked their first hit, try giving Anna Sun a listen!

Indie Playlist:The XX: On Hold is off of their most recent album I See You released in 2017. This song has a bit of a different sound than the ones found on the album above, but is still a great piece. It’s got a more alternative feel than indie, but can make a great addition to either playlist.The XX: VCR is just one of many great songs off of their older self-titled album. I know that I just mentioned their newer song above, but I made this album separate to emphasize its quality. This album is super mellow and perfect for any relaxing playlist. VCR is the second song off the album, and if you find that catchy I definitely suggest listening to more of the album.

The Brinks: Temporary Love is off of their album Temporary Love released in 2015. This was a sweet find for me, it was one of very few songs I’ve actually liked off of those suggest on the Discover Weekly on my Spotify. This song is really catchy, it has a soothing, mellow feel which is perfect for indie playlists. I love this song and strongly recommend adding it to your playlist!

I hope I’ve helped you all find some more pretty cool tunes. Spread the love and share the music, friends!