This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

As we all know, New York is teeming with celebs, meaning countless opportunities for run-ins with some of the biggest A-listers in the world. The question, though, is how? How do you gain access to VIP events and mingle with Hollywood’s biggest names? The answer is simple: 1iota.

What’s 1iota, you ask? It’s an online company that provides fans with free opportunities in NYC. They have a simple online system that you can put your name into a queue to then get tickets to participate in TV show tapings or be a seat-filler at big events in the city. The system is so easy to use, and if you follow them on Twitter, they are constantly posting new events. 

We have taken advantage of two events through 1iota, and have had great experiences both times. The first was a TV taping for the new show, Lip Sync Battle. LL Cool J and Chrissy Teigen hosted, while celebrities went head-to-head in a lip sync battle. It was so cool to be a part of a live studio audience, and we even got to interact with the stars. After the taping was done, John Legend and Chrissy Teigen came to the audience members who stuck around to chat and take pictures. 

The other event we attended was the NBA All Star Game. We were in the audience for the opening number and also Ariana Grande’s halftime show. It was a lot of waiting around, but so worth it. We saw so many famous faces, even having a quick convo with Ansel Elgort in the backstage area before heading out to the court. 

If you like celebrities and free things, definitely check out 1iota to be in the know on all of the cool things going on in New York. 

Christina is a member of the class of 2018 at Fordham University, pursuing a major in Communications and Media Studies. Some of her favorite things include Sex and the City re-runs, dogs and pretending Zayn is still a member of One Direction. 
Lauren is a senior at Fordham University pursuing a degree in Journalism and Political Science. With a career goal of being a broadcast journalist, she is spending time interning at networks such as NBC and FOX. Hobbies include writing for Her Campus and singing in Fordham's all-female a cappella group, the Satin Dolls, as well as drinking too much coffee, listening to far too many boy bands, and watching Buzzfeed Tasty videos one after another.