Taylor Swift Hits GMA

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

It’s been one hell of a week for Taylor Swift fans, myself included. As a huge T-Swift fan since her very first album (yep, I know every word to every song,)  you can bet that seeing Taylor perform on Good Morning America was on my Fordham bucket list. This being my senior year, my friends and I knew we had to go, no excuses. And by no excuses, I mean taking a 12:39 AM train and camping out in Times Square from 1:00 AM until the show started around 6:00 AM, without hesitation. There were some points where it felt like we would never make it until dawn, (like around 2:00 when my butt was freezing and my feet were numb,) but getting to see Taylor Swift from only a hundred yards away will forever be one of my favorite memories. 

We started out way back here in the second row of general admission, sadly watching the “VIP” guests be allowed into the area in front of the stage. 

However, patience and a lot of singing got us let into the VIP section just in time for Taylor’s soundcheck for “Out of The Woods.”

Taylor killed it performing “Shake It Off” and “Welcome To New York,” as well. 

Then she closed the show with a GMA host selfie, of course. 

Alyssa is a senior at Fordham University pursuing a major in Communications and Media Studies, and a minor in Spanish. With career goals ranging from digital editor at a major women's magazine, to writing a best selling young adult novel, she has put her skills to the test in many different areas of the communications field.