Our Favorite #HCFUHalloween2014 Entries

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Each year you all make it harder and harder for us to choose a winner in our Halloween costume contest. This year we received over 60 entries and spent more than an hour debating on the top seven finalists. Although the decisions were tough, we could all agree on these favorite honorable mentions:

1. The Toothfairy Linda looks extremely sweet as a make-believe idol. 

2. Mary Poppins Outfits are all about the details, and this Mary Poppins costume nailed it, right down to the accessories. 

3. The Wizard of Oz We absolutely adored this modern take a classic group costume. 

4. Blue Geese HC Fordham’s own Alex Bruno and her roommate went as the extremely creative and cute blue geese, in honor of Fordham’s newest bar

5. The Wiggles What a perfect way to bring us back to your childhood. 

6. Skeleton This makeup look is scary good. The intricate details must’ve been really hard to perfect, but she killed it!

7. Retro From the dress and pearls to the incredibly accurate updo, this retro look took us way back to the ’50s. 

8. Gold Digger We ain’t saying she’s a gold digger, but this gold dress and bag combo is too cute to ignore. 

9. Dobby #HarryPotterForever, that is all. 

10. Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe Two iconic women, one awesome picture. 

Thank you to everyone who entered! To keep up to date with our contest, content and more, follow Her Campus Fordham on Instagram and Twitter!

Alyssa is a senior at Fordham University pursuing a major in Communications and Media Studies, and a minor in Spanish. With career goals ranging from digital editor at a major women's magazine, to writing a best selling young adult novel, she has put her skills to the test in many different areas of the communications field.