NYC’s Holiday Store Windows

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

With December around the corner, New York City store fronts are not shy to express their holiday spirit. All along Fifth Avenue and inside the Manhattan malls, stores have begun to decorate their windows with gift decorations and winter decor to attract people for one purpose and one purpose only:

The Shops at the Plaza decorated their store front with simple holiday wreaths and bells.

The H&M inside the Shops at Columbus Circle featured mannequins dressed in holiday colors in front of a background of candy canes and Christmas tree ornaments. And, of course, the shop advertised a sale on all gifts starting at $9.99.

Sephora decorated its window with bags full of makeup gifts on the ground below a poster of Sephora customers enjoying shopping before the holidays.

J.Crew styled its mannequins in warm clothing and placed them in front of a background of green, gold, and white Christmas trees and snowflakes.

Bulgari, which sells jewelry, watches, and other luxury goods, fashioned all of its windows with a mannequin to display some jewelry and surrounded the product with small silver gift boxes.

Lucky Brand also made use of holiday garlands, subtly wrapping them around a display of warmly dressed mannequins. Gift boxes are featured behind a sale sign for 40% off almost everything.

The luxurious Tommy Hilfiger store front was decorated head-to-toe with holiday leaves and lights. In the windows, mannequins were dressed in their Sunday best suits.

Wempe, which sells jewelry and watches, decorated its windows with different pieces of jewelry and small red boxes. Its door was dressed in a holiday garland of lights and red and gold ornaments. 

Also specializing in jewelry and watches, Piaget beautifully decorated its windows with layers of a mini Winter wonderland, with small white Christmas trees and hills of snow. The windows also featured some statement jewelry pieces.

Lands’ End decorated its sweet window front with a teepee bed wrapped in holiday blankets next to mannequins in sweaters and two Christmas trees, decorated in lights and bells, and topped with red bows. 

Salvatore Ferragamo, which sells shoes and handbags, decorated its store front with lighted holiday leaves and huge Christmas wreaths wrapped in giant silver bows. 

Desigual displayed some fashions surrounded by red garlands, white snowflakes, candy canes, and a big lighted sign spelling out “Christmas.”

Joe Fresh displayed a bright “Holiday Cheer” sign in its store window and completed the scene with a blanket of snow on the bottom, a frosted Christmas tree, a stack of red-wrapped presents, cozy mannequins, and happy holiday poster models. 

Of course this post would be incomplete without a snapshot of Tiffany’s store front, subtly decorated with lights and giant jewelry pieces along the length of the building. 

Last, but certainly not least, Fordham University’s Lincoln Center bookstore decorated its display case with mannequins snuggled up in school spirit holiday sweaters and surrounded by plenty of ideas for gifts to take back home to the family. 

Miranda is a commuter junior at Fordham's Lincoln Center campus, where she majors in English and minors in psychology, and is a commuter freshman mentor. Born and raised in New Jersey, she loves everything about the garden state, from the endless highways to the excess of diners. She's an aspiring writer and hopes to have a career as a director for first year experience at a university someday.