Matt Gillis, GSB ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Name: Matt Gillis

Major: Finance

Single or Taken: Single all the way.

What he’s looking for in a girl: I am looking for a girl that is genuine and can make me laugh.  I think in an age of superficiality, people sometimes lose sight of what is important in their significant other.  Physical attractiveness is nice, but a girl that can keep up with me, keep me on my toes and can be my best friend will always win my heart. 

Why he picked Fordham: I chose to attend Fordham mainly because of the location.  Because Fordham is in New York City, it offers extensive opportunities.  Such opportunities include internships and jobs, along with all the of Manhattan that you just can’t experience anywhere else.  But, I also chose Fordham because I know at the end of the day I have my green, traditional campus to call home.  Fordham is the only school in NYC with the best of both worlds and what made it my number one choice. 

Campus Involvement: College Republicans, Anchor on the Fordham Nightly News, Fordham Finance Society, United Student Government.

Hobbies: Clubbing, Parties, Bar Hopping, Politics, Tennis, Indoor Soccer, skiing, swimming

Claire Cumberland is a sophomore at Fordham University in the Bronx. A communications major, she doesn’t have a singular idea about what she wants to do with her life, but hopes to dabble in many different things before stumbling upon her dream job. She enjoys reading, writing, walking her dog Scout, going to thrift stores, watching television, painting her nails, getting internships, online shopping, and color coding things. Claire has interned at Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation, a charity for childhood cancer established in her hometown of Philadelphia, PA. She also interned at Sesame Workshop as a production intern for The Electric Company, a popular show on PBS. Claire is currently involved in Global Outreach at Fordham University and is an anchor for Fordham Nightly News.