HC Fordham Senior Staff Series: Alyssa Fiorentino

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Our last Campus Celeb for the year is HC Fordham’s very own Editor in Chief. Not only is she technically the HBIC, but she’s also a role model of mine. Alyssa has been someone I’ve come to look up to, with her laid back attitude, fierce sense of style, and ambitious accomplishments. Plus, she’s always there to help a girl out. All you have to do is read her interview to know she’d be a cool, wiser older sister. I know she’ll do just fine in post-grad life and hopefully I’ll work with her again soon.

Name: Alyssa Fiorentino

Major/Minor: Communications and Media Studies with a minor in Spanish

School & Year: FCRH’15

What is your most memorable moment at Fordham? One of the last weekends of sophomore year we were at a party in someone’s backyard. It started pouring rain and some people left to go to the bars, but a lot of people just stayed there, dancing in the rain. That’ll always stick out to me. 

Something you’re most proud of while you’ve been here? I could give you a run through of landing my two dream internships or achieving my goal of becoming HC Fordham’s editor in chief, but that’s pretty cliché. I really think the best thing I did at Fordham was grow up. I couldn’t even call to order pizza when I first got here. 

And what’s one thing you would do differently? I think I’d go back to freshman year and be less shy. 

Something you love most about New York? There’s no way to know everybody. 

When you have the choice, NYC’s nightlife or the Bronx? Either, as long as it’s with friends.

And Central Park or Eddie’s? Eddie’s

If you were to win a senior superlative, what would it be? Best Couple, me and Drake from Pugsley’s. 

Favorite Fordham pic to Instagram: The fountain at spring time.

What’s your biggest fear for post-grad life? Other than student loan debt (lol) I think my biggest concern is not seeing my family enough now that I’ll be living in NY. 

When you imagine your life in the future, where do you see yourself? I hope to be happy and successful, and surrounded by people that help me be both of those things. Also, I plan to be the author of a best-selling tell all book about guys. 

What would your number one advice to a Fordham collegiette be? Push yourself. You didn’t come to school in New York City for nothing. 

Pick one!

Bronx Zoo or Botanical Gardens? Botans! 

Arthur Ave or Fordham Road? Arthur Ave

Caf or Grille? Caf

Ram Van or Subway? Private jet *insert sassy girl emoji here* Actually either, just depends where I’m going

Met or MoMA? Met

Broadway or Off-Broadway? Broadway

Radio City or Madison Square Garden? MSG

Central Park or Brooklyn Bridge? Central Park

Natalie is a senior at Fordham University where she is a Communications major, concentrating in Journalism. She's previously been a Public Relations Intern at Rent the Runway, a Features Editor at Seventeen Magazine, and an Editorial Intern at Dance Spirit Magazine. This semester, she has the opportunity to combine both of her passions, dance and journalism, as a Press Intern at the New York City Ballet. She continues to take class at the infamous, Broadway Dance Center as she hopes to enjoy her senior year to the fullest.