Fordham Fall Fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Fall weather is upon us, and the Fordham fashionistas are out in full force. Because fall is arguably the greatest of the four seasons, it is not surprising that the fashion that comes with it is also some of the year’s best. Walking across campus, it is hard not to notice the varying personal styles of fellow rams, and the looks that are trending . Here are of some of the trends we’ve spotted from Keating to Fordham Road that you might want to consider adding to your fall wardrobe. (image source

1. DENIM // Denim is a girls best friend during the fall. Its versatile colors and styles make it a staple in any closet, and can transform an outfit. Distressed styles add some grunge to basic tops and sweaters, and can be pulled off in a lot of different ways. For some distressed inspiration, check out these looks!  

(Urban Outfitters

(@uoboston)

(Forever 21

[pagebreak]

2. HATS // Whether you were up late studying and have an early class or you just really don’t feel like doing your hair, hats are the answer. Beanies, baseball hats, and wool hats are all fall wardrobe essentials, so no matter what your style, there’s a hat for you!

(Urban Outfitters

(H&M)

(source)

[pagebreak]

3. BOOTS // For as long as I can remember, boots have been synonymous with fall fashion, and I’m not complaining about it. There are so many different styles, heights, and colors that allow boots to take an outfit to the next level with ease. Skirts, jeans, leggings – anything you can imagine, it’ll work with boots. Check out some of the best boots for the season below. All of the boots can be found at Nordstrom.

4. LAYERS // Because fall weather is unpredictable, it is always smart to dress in layers. It may be freezing when you wake up for class, but by lunch it is sunny and warm. There are different methods and styles to layering, so don’t be afraid to mix and match from these cute layered looks! 

(J.crew

(Forever 21

(American Eagle

[pagebreak]

5. Statement Jewelry // There is never a wrong time to wear jewelry. It can class up any outfit, or add bling to a basic tee. Across campus girls have been accessorizing with jewelry that is making waves. From big necklaces to bangle stacks, jewelry is a must. Get a load of these looks for some head-turning jewelry inspo!

(Forever 21

(Nordstrom)

Layering necklaces of different lengths and textures is a great way to mix things up! Add bangles and rings for a complete look. (Forever 21

6. FLATS // Before the weather reaches the unbearable point in which all shoes you wear end up with salt stains or soaked by the snow, Fordham fashionistas are taking advantage of flats. Flats are some of the best, most comfortable shoes, but can be easily damaged by winter weather (#frown). For right now though, flats are taking over campus. In a wide range of prints, colors, and materials, the Fordham flat game is strong. Peep these cuties for an excuse to go shoe shopping next weekend. 

(Nordstrom

(Forever 21

(Nordstrom)

[pagebreak]

7. FLANNEL // At this point, it is a known fact that flannel is taking over. There are so many ways to wear it, and it goes with just about anything. Flannel is a fall wardrobe essential because it is warm, can be layered, and adds a little bit of *cozy* to any outfit. Girls (and guys!!) all over campus are rocking flannel, so join the movement with these plaid-tastic pieces!

(Garage)

(Forever 21

(Garage

(American Eagle

8. VESTS // A key item in every fall wardrobe is a good vest. Because the weather isn’t ridiculously cold yet, vests are the best (unintentional rhyme, #RapStar) for staying warm and looking cute! Finding the right vest for you can be a challenge, so scope out these to see which would fit best in your closet this fall.

(Forever 21

(American Eagle

Notice that this look is a combination of a majority of the trends on our list? Hat + vest + denim + boots… WERK. Use this look as an example of how to fearlessly mix and match the trends and items on this list! (Ralph Lauren

Christina is a member of the class of 2018 at Fordham University, pursuing a major in Communications and Media Studies. Some of her favorite things include Sex and the City re-runs, dogs and pretending Zayn is still a member of One Direction.