This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Name: Alexis Leshner

School and Year: FCRH’17

Major: Communications with a concentration in New Media

Single or Taken: Taken

What do you love about Fordham? Her face lights up when I ask the question Oh my god! The location, definitely. I’m a homebody and it’s close to home—like my parents do my laundry. Definitely the people. I don’t think I’ve met one person who I don’t like. Everyone I meet I love so that was a big factor in coming here: the community. I feel at home here. Oh my god I just love it and it’s so pretty. You get the campus and you get the city, there’s nothing better. And Arthur Ave because I love penne alla vodka.

Campus Involvement: NSO, Fordham Cheer Team

What’s on your Fordham Bucket List? I need to look at the back of that laundry bag they give out. Umm…this is hard, I feel like I haven’t done work on Eddie’s yet, I think I’ve only sat there once, so I think doing work on Eddie’s when it’s nice outside is my number one.

I heard you have a cool internship, tell me about it! So it was online advertising through games on Facebook and I basically ran their social media. I got my own email and business cards, which is so cool. I went to their Lunch and Learns where we met with different media companies and I sat in on their meetings. And we had events with another one of the media companies at a rooftop bar and I met Keegan Allen because we worked with him over the summer as a brand ambassador so I got to have dinner with him! I did research for my boss, edited the decks, looked up stats, and I made a contact list of like 500 names, all that “fun” stuff.

What’s your go-to outfit for a night out at Fordham? It depends on the weather. I feel like at the beginning I went for dresses and then crop tops became a thing, but if it’s cold out I’m fine with wearing a jacket. I don’t care, it’s cold out, no one notices. And I’ve been wearing heels more often because I don’t want them to go to waste. But other than that Lita’s are my go to pair of shoes because they’re so comfortable.

Do you have any words to live by? A huge smile comes across her face Mhmm, it’s heart means everything; it’s tattooed on my hip. I basically got it because before the whole transferring process I got wait-listed from Fordham and worked my butt off at URI, and it just means that if you want anything and your hearts in it, it’s possible.

One type of dessert you can’t live without? She lets out a laugh The Lava Cake from Applebee’s. It’s so good; I want it now.

Favorite TV Shows: Gossip Girl, that’s my number one. I just finished watching it for the third time. And Supernatural, obviously; it’s so good.

What do you think makes a successful relationship? Communication definitely. It was really hard when Kevin and I were at different schools, but I visited him all the time. We talked everyday throughout the day, so communication was so big. And then I think just trust—that’s huge. Humor too. It’s really important for you to be yourself around them. Kevin’s my best friend. We act ridiculous around each other. I wouldn’t even act that way around some of my girl friends. And maturity. I feel like so many of my friends fight over stupid stuff and it’s not worth it. We bicker, but it’s for fun. And yea it’s healthy to fight, but I hate it.

What’s the nicest thing you’ve ever done for your boyfriend? I love doing things for people. I’ve done so many things by now because we’ve been dating for 3 years. I came home a lot when I was at URI, bought so many train tickets and it didn’t even matter, it was so worth it. That was really important. And for his 21st birthday I splurged and got us front row tickets for Chicago on Broadway. And for our anniversary—I suck at cooking, so this might’ve been the nicest thing—he just got back from football camp and I surprised him in his kitchen and made his favorite meal (with the help of his mom). It made his day so much better. Anything with surprising him I love. I’m good at it. I’m very sneaky. I love making people happy. 

Pumpkin Spice or Chai Latte? Pumpkin Spice—all day throughout the year. If Dunkin sold their pumpkin coffee throughout the year I’d buy it. I love anything pumpkin.

Fill in the blank: ______ are a girl’s best friend. Oh my god so many things. This is hard. Probably for me: food. Food makes everything better.

5 Things You Can’t Live Without: Oh goodness, I cannot live without: my mom—I go to her for everything. Definitely my friends, Fordham—it’d be awful if I was anywhere else at this point. Pets—I have two cats and I definitely want a pit-bull when I graduate, they’re so cute and so misunderstood. And my guilty pleasures like candy, you go crazy if you don’t splurge every once in a while. People who are allergic to chocolate, I don’t know how they live. There’s so much more I can’t narrow it down. Maybe even social media. Wait I change my mind! I can’t live without Halloween. I decide what I’m going to be a year before.

Okay, so maybe there are more than five things Alexis can’t live without, but she is certainly the definition of a campus cutie. Her love and pride for this school is admirable and her relationship with football player, Kevin Soares, is at the top of our list of relationship goals. Plus, she’s undeniably a girl’s girl who loves Gossip Girl, Pumpkin Spice Lattes, and good food. 

Natalie is a senior at Fordham University where she is a Communications major, concentrating in Journalism. She's previously been a Public Relations Intern at Rent the Runway, a Features Editor at Seventeen Magazine, and an Editorial Intern at Dance Spirit Magazine. This semester, she has the opportunity to combine both of her passions, dance and journalism, as a Press Intern at the New York City Ballet. She continues to take class at the infamous, Broadway Dance Center as she hopes to enjoy her senior year to the fullest.