9 Quaint Coffee Shops In NYC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

To my fellow coffee addicts, I know what you’re thinking. The first thing a true caffeine lover thinks about when stepping off of the Metro North and into Grand Central is “Where can I get my first cup of the day?” In a city filled with charming cafe’s, it’s tough to decide where to head when you’re in a hurry. Here’s a roundup of the most delectable, most instagrammable, NYC coffee shops.

1. Cafe La Cerra – Kips Bay

Cafe La Cerra has a luminous aesthetic and plays great music. It’s a great place to grab a quick cappuccino before heading out for the day.

Photo via @cafelacerra

2. Toby’s Estate – Flatiron

Toby’s Estate is just a skip away from the Flatiron building and Madison Square Park. The back half of the coffee shop is home to a fireplace, Victorian arm chairs, and a small book shop. This setup is beyond charming! 

I recommend: Cortado & Gluten Free Pistachio Cookie

Photo via @lesheek

3. Happy Bones – Little Italy

Almond latte’s are my personal favorite, making Happy Bones the place to be. The industrial white brick walls give off deep city vibes. The interior design, the atmosphere, and of course the coffee, make it near impossible to leave without a smile.

Photo via @eatingwithminnie

4. Zucker Bakery – East Village

You can’t leave Zucker’s without a party ball in hand. Party balls are little brownie-like bites mixed with coffee and rolled in nonpareils sprinkles, (sent straight from heaven if you ask me.)

Photo via @zuckerbakery

5. Bluestone Lane – Greenwich

Bluestone Lane is the perfect cafe when you’re looking for simplicity and ease. The refreshing vibe is a great morning pick me up and the dainty details make it a great place to kick back with a friend and relax.

I recommend: Long Black

Photo via @bluestonelanecoffee

6. Lucid Cafe – 38th & Lexington

String lights and designer to-go cups add to Lucid Cafe’s quirky spirit. Their mocha, paired with an almond croissant, makes for a warm fall morning treat.

Photo via @lucidcafe

7. Cafe Prague – Flatiron

In need of a European getaway? No need to travel far. Cafe Prague in the Flatiron District is an escape of its own. It’s a great environment to get light schoolwork done, and curl up with your caffeine of choice.

I recommend: Americano

Photo via @coffeecrawl

8. A Little Taste – Upper East Side

Three words: coffee ice cubes. No need to worry about watered down cold brew, coffee ice cubes ensure your buzz will last. This hole in the wall cafe might be quaint, but their coffee is powerful.

I recommend: Cold Brew & Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookie

Photo via @alittletastenyc

9. Culture Espresso – Midtown West

A classic shot of espresso will get you through your morning. This midtown spot is a great place to blog, network, and even procrastinate in.

Photo via @cultureespresso

Hi everyone! My name is Danielle and I am a Sophomore at Fordham University studying Political Science and Economics. In my free time I love reading fashion and wellness blogs, taking a class at SoulCyle, and playing with my dog at the beach. I love exploring NYC, and have lived mostly on Long Island, but I've also lived in Los Angeles and San Francisco. 
Natalie is a senior at Fordham University where she is a Communications major, concentrating in Journalism. She's previously been a Public Relations Intern at Rent the Runway, a Features Editor at Seventeen Magazine, and an Editorial Intern at Dance Spirit Magazine. This semester, she has the opportunity to combine both of her passions, dance and journalism, as a Press Intern at the New York City Ballet. She continues to take class at the infamous, Broadway Dance Center as she hopes to enjoy her senior year to the fullest.