What To Expect This Year At Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

If you’re a Halloween fanatic and enjoy a good scare from time to time then I am sure you’ll truly enjoy attending one of the most amazing places you could go during this time of the year. Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights offers scare zones, houses and icons to feed our frightful obsessions every year.

It is highly suggested to plan a visit earlier in the season in order to get the best ticket price. Keep in mind that Sundays and Thursdays offer discounted rates in comparison to crowded days like Fridays and Saturdays. Make sure to purchase tickets ahead of time on their official website in order to make sure your tickets are legitimate and you don’t have to wait in line. General admission varies in price from $65 to $95, depending on which day you choose to visit.

The houses are the main attraction of Halloween Horror Nights. Costume and stage designers take months to accurately plan out every detail and somehow they always succeed. This year, the houses feature the scariest parts of American Horror Story: Vol 2, The Shining, The Fallen, Dead Waters, The Horrors of Blumhouse, Hive, Scarecrow The Reaping, Ash Vs Evil Dead and Saw: The Games of Jigsaw. Keep in mind that lines for houses located closer to the front of the park entrance tend to be longer than those that are deeper in the park.

If houses aren’t entirely your thing but the thrill of being chased down the streets of Universal Studios entice you, scare zones are meant for you. From axes to chainsaws, prepare to run in fear through these areas as the scare actors show no mercy. The scare zones includes nightmares from Altars of Horror, The Purge, Invasion!, Trick ‘R Treat and Festival of The Deadliest.

Halloween Horror Nights is definitely not for the faint of heart, so be very prepared to get the soul scared out of you!