Tiffany Trump Sits Alone at NYFW

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Growing up, one of my worst fears was having to sit alone at the lunchroom, on the bus or pretty much anywhere. As I grew older, this fear evanesced as I gained friends who would never leave my side. Now, that fear is pretty much dead. However, this was not the case for Tiffany Trump.

At a New York Fashion Week event, Tiffany sat alone in the front row of Philipp Plein’s runway show. Fashion editors and famous faces such as Madonna, who were meant to sit in the front row as well, avoided sitting next to her like the plague. Before the show even ended, Tiffany decided to save herself – and everyone around her – a distasteful time, so she got up and left.

Since then, certain individuals have spoken out. 

Actress Whoopie Goldberg came to her defense saying, “I don’t want to talk about your dad, but girl, I will sit next to you ‘cause girl, I’ve been there.”

However, not everyone has been as nice. So, I’m here to ask: is this blatant display of bullying okay? My answer is no. This is not about politics, it is about humanism and respect. If my worst fear growing up was being labeled the outcast because people did not like me, I cannot imagine what a nightmare it must be to be labeled an outcast because people do not like your dad.

Designer Philipp Plein told TMZ, “I just think it’s not right to judge or to treat someone not with respect because she or he is the daughter or son of somebody people might not like.” 

I think it’s always important to remember that you cannot chose your family, or what they do with their lives. At the end of the day, every person is their own individual. 

Currently a Senior at Florida International University studying English and Sociology. If she's not in class, you can probably find her running around campus with a cup of Trenta Black Tea Lemonade from Starbucks, trying to find the best place to study for the LSAT cause your girl is trying to head to Law School next year. Follow her around while she tries to balance school life, LSAT prep, friends, family, an endless amount of involvements and a committted relationship through her final year of undergrad! If you want a peek into her life, you can always take a peek at her Instagram!