This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Chili Cookoff is an annual event hosted by the Miami, Florida radio station Kiss Country 99.9 for country music lovers to enjoy. This concert is an all-day event with tons of activities inside besides the music. Not only do people go to enjoy a day full of live country music and tasty foods, but to attend the actual Chili Cookoff event where contestants compete to prepare the best chili. Another known event for Chili Cookoff is the tailgate that takes place before the concert itself. Even though doors open at 8 AM, people tend to arrive as early as 2 AM to start the tailgate with their friends and family once the parking lots open at 6 AM.

The 33rd annual 99.9 Kiss Country Chilicook off will be held in C.B Smith Park in Pembroke Pines Saturday January 20, 2018. The lineup for this year’s artists includes Big & Rich,Darius Rucker, Old Dominion, Maren Morris, Midland and Brandon Lay along with other surprise guests. Tickets are sold for general admission starting at $45 but rates will change with due time.

You can visit the official websites to find out more information about what’s cooking this weekend! https://tickets.completeticketsolutions.com/CHILI/online/default.asp

Here is a couple of tips for the event :

1. Make sure to take chairs or any type of blankets for outdoor seating to enjoy the concert at open field if not, items are sold starting at $10 inside the event.

2. Make sure to go early or get dropped off. The Chili Cookoff tailgate is known to start around 2 AM as cars line up around the park to enter the parking area.

3. Make sure to avoid taking big bags, given you will have to carry them with you all throughout the event.

4. Take some cash with you just in case, there are a lot of local vendors inside and often might not take card or any other forms of payment.

5. Take hats or sunblock, a jacket, or even an umbrella, after all it is an outdoor event and you should always be prepared for whatever the Miami weather may bring!

6. Don’t be afraid to explore new things. There are lots of different activities and traditions that will be available inside the park, do not be afraid to try new foods or games!

7. Make sure to have a print out of the digital ticket just in case.

Cover Photo Source

I am a student at Florida International University who is passionate about the power of expression and empowering women. I am a proud member of Alpha Xi Delta majoring in Marketing and International relations and hope to write to inform, inspire, or even to entertain through my works.