This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

It has over 100 million users all around the globe and is worth an estimated 18 billion dollars; To call this app popular would be to say the very least about it. Snapchat is a daily necessity in the lives of almost all millennials, or at least it was until they presented the public with their newest update. The beloved app is now facing much backlash because of its recent redesign they released earlier this month. People are so distraught about the app’s change that they have started a petition to get the old Snapchat format back and so far it has 1.2 million signatures. Many celebrities have spoken out about their dislike for the app, even Kylie Jenner an avid Snapchat user has taken to Twitter to complain. 

Some are even saying that her speaking out is the reason behind the app’s stock plummeting and losing about 1$ billion in its market value.

The team behind the app has released a statement claiming that the app’s new design was created with the user’s benefit in mind and that it will simply take some time to adjust before users begin to enjoy navigating through the app again. Their statement has left many unhappy and unsure about their commitment to the app in the future if they do not see some changes made. So is this just a phase or will this major hit be the beginning of their end? I guess we will just have to wait until the next update and see….. #SaveSnapchat