Sharayne Douglas ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FAMU chapter.

Name:  Sharayne L. Douglas

Major:  Psychology

Hometown:  Fort Lauderdale, FL

Relationship Status:  Single

Zodiac:  Taurus

Campus Involvment:  Freshman Class Cabinet 12-13, Big Sister Little Sister Mentoring Program, FAMU PACC, SNAA, NAACP. 

HC: What are you running for?

SD:  I am running for Miss Junior Attendant 2014-2015.

HC:  Why do you think you are the best candidate for Junior Attendant?

SD:  Although all four candidates for Junior Attendant are great, I feel that I am the best candidate because I have always partaken in everything FAMU since I have arrived on the hill. I did not merely feel the urgency when it got closer to campaign season. I feel as though I have a bond with FAMU16 that no other candidate has. I believe my work ethic, humble spirit, and sweet personality is fit for representing my class. I have carefully constructed my platform to effect FAMU and the community positively and I’m more than ready to serve this illustrious institution!

HC:  Why do you love FAMU?

SD: I love FAMU because FAMU loves me! FAMU has granted me opportunities that I do not believe any other University could have offered me. FAMU produces strong, independent black scholars that will rise to the occasion in any situation. FAMU’s rich history and humbling environment  taught me how to appreciate the HBCU experience. There’s a sense of pride simply being a Rattler that only true a true FAMU Rattler understands.

HC:  What do you love most about FAMU16?

SD:  What I truly love and admire most about FAMU16 is that we have an abundance of hard working, innovated individuals inside and outside of the student leadership positions.  We as a class have the right attitude, but we need the right leaders that will challenge and inspire the masses to explore their full potential!

Instagram: vivalarayne

Twitter:  @vivalarayne