Joshua Smith, ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FAMU chapter.

Name: Joshua Smith
Major: Business Adminstration/Accounting
Classification: Sophomore
Hometown: Orlando, Fla.
Nickname: JJ, Killajlaflare, Momma there goes that man
Campus Involvement: 41st Student Senate

HC FAMU: You’ve been a Freshman Senator for almost two years now. What’s that like?
JS: I am very honored to hold a position which I was elected into by my class.

HC FAMU: Greatest Senate Moment.
JS: Getting sworn into the senate.

HC FAMU: Are you looking for a serious relationship right now?
JS: Not really, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t a girl out there who can’t change that.

HC FAMU: What do you plan to do with your major once you graduate?
JS: After getting my undergraduate degree I’m going to go straight to graduate school to get my MBA. After that, I have plans to work with major companies in there Accounting department.

HC FAMU: Has being a part of the Senate changed your journey here at FAMU? If so, how?
JS: Yes, it has. I never planned on joining SGA. Somebody gave me “that talk” that opened my eyes on how I can impact my school and it motivated me to join the senate.

HC FAMU: How do you approach someone you’re interested in?
JS: By being friendly. I want to hold a conversation with her to show her where my head is at and give her the opportunity to realize that I’m not the same as these other guys.

HC FAMU: What do you look for in a female?
JS: She has to be smart, mature and have style.

HC FAMU: Do you have any New Year resolutions?
JS: To be a better man than I was yesterday. 

Itopia is a senior from New Rochelle, New York studying Magazine Production. She is the founder of Florida A&M's campus branch. After graduation, Itopia plans to move back to NY and go to fashion school! In her spare time Itopia enjoys tweeting, browing on Tumblr, eating and listening to music.