Gitanya T. Walker, ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FAMU chapter.

Name: Gitanya T. Walker
Major: Elementary Education
Classification: Freshmen
Hometown: Marietta, GA by way of New Orleans, LA

HC FAMU: What are your future aspirations in life?
GTW: My future aspirations are to one day become a Principal at an Elementary School. I also would like to open my own art center in a low- income community, where kids can come and take different art classes, creative writing classes, and dance classes. I want to have a family of five someday as well (used to be 10).

HC FAMU: Who/What’s been your biggest influence since you’ve been at FAMU?
GTW: My biggest influence so far has to be my close friend or as I like to call her “twin”. Octavia and I met last semester but since then she has been a great friend to me. She’s a Bio major so she is very hard working and determined. Being around her helps me stay on task, because we all know how easy it is to get off task in college.

HC FAMU: Describe your self in 3 words.
GTW: This is the hardest question. Sociable, funny, and playful.

HC FAMU: What do you feel its your #1 physical attribute?
GTW: My biggest physical attribute would be my smile. It is very warm and welcoming.

HC FAMU: Are you in a relationship?
GTW: I am not in a relationship but there is someone special in my life right now.

HC FAMU: If you could have one wish what would it be and why?
GTW: If I had one wish I would wish for more wishes. Why, because then I could wish for a couple of things instead of one.

HC FAMU: What do you like to do in your downtime?
GTW: In my downtime I like to hang out with close friends who like to have a good time, any and everywhere. I like to just hang out with my girls and sit in our rooms and just talk about our college experiences so far. I like to watch movies and just chill. I like to draw thing in my sketch book that seem difficult to draw.  

Itopia is a senior from New Rochelle, New York studying Magazine Production. She is the founder of Florida A&M's campus branch. After graduation, Itopia plans to move back to NY and go to fashion school! In her spare time Itopia enjoys tweeting, browing on Tumblr, eating and listening to music.