This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

All hail Dove! The company behind the #loveyourcurls campaign has created a new collection of emojis with curly hair. This goes in hand with the evolution of emojis to match differences present in society.

According to Cosmopolitan.com, one in three women in the United States have curly hair and 74% of people use emojis everyday. With these numbers it’s crazy there weren’t curly hair emojis sooner! In a world where straight hair is the norm, we curly haired girls are proud to rock our curls. Even celebs like Shakira, Keri Russell and Sarah Jessica Parker love their curls. 

As a curly haired collegiette, I think it’s about time we were represented! Make sure you download the Dove Love Your Curls Emoji Keyboard

I'm a senior Politics major with English and Women, Gender, and Sexuality studies minors. My passions include reading, writing, and Dunkin Donuts iced coffee. You can find me binge watching Netflix or loudly singing along to my newest music obsession.
Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.